Wednesday, August 4, 2010

no air, anywhere?

Damn, it's hot. I mean, for Minnesota...this is ridiculous.

Rant (begin):

The air in my car hasn't worked all summer. I've been dealing with it by keeping my windows rolled down at all times and a hair binder nearby so my flying hair (due to all the windows being rolled down) won't whip me in the face. Yesterday, our facility manager Tim tried to re-charge my car with free-freon. Free! Car dealerships charge like $125 for this. Well, I drove one block and realized the formerly hot air it was blowing was now luke-warm air. Crap.

I went home, only to be informed by my disgruntled roommate (understandably) that our wall-unit air condition for the living room had also died. Crap.

What was the solution to all of this? Go to Ryan's nice, centrally-air conditioned apartment of course. I am on an antibiotic that makes me nauseous, so I needed some TLC (and an escape from the dooming heat). He brought me Chipotle, we watched the Food Network, and I trash talked while he kicked butt in Call of Duty online. I was trying to convince a 20 year old punk that I wasn't a 300 lb, 39 year old woman playing a video game. It was actually kind of mentally harmful for me I think, that little bastard.

Rant (end).

Today I'm going to enjoy a nice evening at the pool I hope, reading my Beach Trip book. Then, Jackson, Ryan and I have a date at Dave and Busters playing games and having dinner. Should be a fun night (either near water, or in a fully air-conditioned facility).

Happy Wednesday!

xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. it's cooler today here in NY. got to turn the air off and open the windows. hope you are getting the same...

    ReplyDelete

Back to TOP