Saturday, November 20, 2010

Long time no see!


I'm back! Wow, that was an embarrasingly long span of time since my last post. I have a good excuse, I am working my tail off at my new job. I work a minimum of 50 hours a week plus I drive an hour there and back. So, 12 hrs a day...and until right about now (the holiday break) we've been so busy I've worked weekends too.


How do I feel about the whole thing? I don't know...let's say the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I left my job with rose-colored glasses thinking only the grandest things about my new position. I am the Catering Manager for a college campus. As I crossed the "fence" in'to my new job...the grass wasn't greener...it was more yellow/brown in need of some serious TLC.


Disorganized, unstructured, confusing and I had to hit the ground running. No orientation, no nothing. I did my best and kept my head up...and I have to say Ryan helped me through many whining, crying and complaining nights. He's woken up super early with me to make me coffee (one cup while I get ready, 1 to-go). I'm adjusting to my new crazy schedule but I definitely miss my free time.

So, to catch you up to speed on what's been going on raither than work, here are some recent happenings:
-I did an inline skating marathon in Duluth MN in early September. 26.2 miles on the same path as the famous Grandma's Marathon.

-I celebrated my 27th birthday on September 17th! My present from Ryan (much requested) was a ferret! A little boy I named Cooper.

-I stopped working out...seriously...had no time...bummer.

-My old co-worker Steve got married to his wonderful bride Cathy at St. Croix Golf Club

-My friend Sarah had a baby girl named Jordan on 11/11, I visited her this week and she's beautiful! Congratulations Sarah!
-Ryan moved in with me after his lease ended. We are enjoying it so far & it's amazing how much he helps me around the house. I am very lucky.

-A new addition to our kitty family: Ryan's cat Jack...the sweetest all-black fur-ball you've ever met. He and Scotch were fast friends.

-Plans are in the works for re-modeling my basement to include a restroom area near the sauna, sheet rock, a new floor, etc. to make it an addition to the house. Sweat equity...which is probably the best option since my house is now valued at $70,000 less than what I purchased it for in 2007! I guess it's going to stay home for quite some time.

-My roommate Kristen started her own company sewing unique hip bags. The company is called "Body and Sewl". It's going to be many of my girlfriends presents this winter!

-The first snow was beautiful! ...just last week.


Ryan, Jackson and I are decorating for Christmas today. We are meeting his parents to get a pre-lit tree, decorations, etc. Ryan insisted that we dont' need to go out and buy everything new! They have a lot of stuff we are going to use to deck out the house.


Today we are also going to see Harry Potter, the first part of the last movie. Speaking of that, I have to jump in the shower.


Pictures and other updates to follow, soon. Promise. :)


Have a wonderful Saturday!



3 comments:

  1. :( There's so much I didn't know that I just learned on your blog. Makes me sad...I used to know EVERYTHING before it even happened! We need to change this next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to read the latest, but sorry you are stressed and don't have time for workouts etc. i hope things calm down for you soon. tell me, is Jackson the cute boy I've seen in the photos? Ryan's son? how old? thinking potential playmate at the lake for my kiddos... will you get time off for Florida this year? we'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad you are back blogging!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to TOP