As much as I would love to write a really upbeat post...I am just too beat (haha) to do it.
My new job is kicking my butt. I am exhausted, stressed, and running like crazy to just to complete an 'average day'. It's had me soul searching and wondering about life, time and what happiness means to me.
I miss calling my own shots on my schedule (of course, I wasn't self-employed but my job was very independent) and I think I function much better when I'm counting on myself alone. I have a theory that if you can get your work done, what's the point of sitting at your desk trying to find work to meet a quota of 8, 9, or even 10 hours you must fill? In my my industry, it's work hard, work effectively and get out. Damn, it's 2011...work remotely. Bring a laptop, a Blackberry...not sit at a prehistoric desktop. Serious rant I know...brace yourself, it continues...
I am not sure if I'm cut out for 10 hour average days, not when I am at least 1 hour away from home each way and know every time I wake up and go home that I have a 52 mile drive ahead of me. Putting in those extra 2 hours above the workday with all the driving I have to do is daunting. Am I normal or a big cry baby?
I know I'm lucky to have a job in this economy. I don't want to seem unappreciative. Believe me, listening to talk radio and MPR each morning and evening has me on the pulse of all the unemployment statistics, it's gloomy... It seems like the days are gone that we all dreamed of our big plans and our big moves...who knows how many other qualified people are making those moves right along with us?
Whatever I am, I think the bottom line is I'm not really that happy there. A sad thing to admit...
The upside is I have a very cute ferret picture at the top of my post. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment