Friday, July 1, 2011

A lovely wedding




I almost forgot to mention the beautiful wedding Ryan and I went to in early June. It was for Ryan's friend Chico. He is this really tough weight lifting guy that finally found the woman of his dreams. He was a self-confessed 'player' before meeting his bride, but she changed all of that! Their ceremony was at my favorite location: Gale Woods Farm in Minnetrista. It's a beautiful farm that was donationed by the Gale family to the Three Rivers Park District many years ago. Now, they host weddings and events inside the big red barn.



The ceremony was beautiful, we walked into a field overlooking Whale Tale Lake. They handed us a mason jar and asked us to pick any wine we'd like to drink while we wait. The wait was long because apparently they had lost a charm that they were giving the bride's son during the ceremony and had to rush to get a replacement at the last minute!

The ceremony vows included the bride, groom and her son. He stood in the middle and was included throughout the entire thing (including the vows!). I thought it was so special to make sure he felt like a part of things...joining all three of them together.



We were lucky enough to sit with my best friend Laura and her new fiance Bahador! It was the first time I'd seen her since her engagement, so exciting!



Here are some shots from the day:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP