Friday, July 16, 2010

Computer Room Flip!

BEFORE...
Computer room that I never used.



AFTER...

Reading/Relaxation Room that I love.



Here are the steps:
-removed my old desk, un-used desktop computer
-moved Kristen's keyboard to the back wall
-organized all my office items and consolidated them to the dresser on the right, or if they weren't used...the basement (dun dun dun!)
-swept up gobs of cat hair and scrubbed down the floor. Ryan almost had an asthma attack with everything floating around!
-bought cute rug for $65 at Ikea
-bought cute dresser for $80 at Ikea
-bought square mirror for $39
-bought standing lamp for $40
-bought 4 mini green vases for $2.99/ea.
-brought in my couch's unused (and very big) ottoman to make a seat. Added my chaise loung pillows to make a back.
-added the white blanket from the thrift store make it look like one piece.
-added pillows that were kept in storage because I had no room for them.
-cut flowers from a faux boquet in my kitchen to add to the vases.
Ta-Da! All done. Room re-do on a budget. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP