Friday, March 13, 2009

Costly Construction


Today is the 1 week mark for when my bathroom renovation began. I think it's come a long way! For a room that is that small, it's amazing the amount of materials and labor that go into making the changes.

Yesterday, Nathan and I went to Menards for tiling supplies (cha ching) and then went to the Tile Shop to pick out tiles and all the other equipment needed (big cha ching). We walked around to check out all the tiling designs. I fell in love with the first one I saw as I walked into the store. It's called 'Glass Sky Mix', and it's a small, glossy, glass tile w/ a variety of blues (see picture). Flooring was hard to pick out...of course you can't do the same glass tile on the floors because it's too slippery. I picked out a simple white tile that will have little bits of the glass tile I have on the walls mixed in. It's going to be awesome (I think).

During the renovation, my kitties are in bliss at Nathan's house with lots of space to chase each other, plants to eat and glasses of water to tip over. I think they are going to be disappointed to be sent back home with me!

Today is another sheet rock follow-up day. I think it will be the first day that Nathan hasn't had to be at my house doing some kind of work. I am going to the TwinWest Gala 'Mystery of Monaco' tonight with my coworkers Natalie and Julie from work.

Tomorrow I have a bat mitzvah to work at Plymouth Creek Center. Hoping to get some tiling started by the end of the weekend! My main goal: get toilet up and working...making it a liveable space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP