Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cult Books are Cult Books for a Reason


So, years ago in college my roommate Theresa was reading the Harry Potter series. She would talk about it & I would think...man...everyone is crazy about that book...I'm not jumping on that band wagon just because. Well, when Christmas break was finally upon me junior year at SCSU I decided to read the 1st Harry Potter. Hooked. Hooked. My entire break consisted of me quickly dressing in the morning, heading to Caribou and finding the comfiest chair to read for hours, then going to Lund's and getting sushi, going back to Caribou and reading some more. It was what I did. When I wasn't reading I was thinking about what might happen next. I just wanted to put my life on hold and read.


When a book can do that to you, it's pretty amazing. When you actually think about it when the book is closed...I love that. Especially, if you aren't normally a reader. I was a faithful reader steadily until the series ended. When it ended, it kind of left a 'book-void' if you will in my heart. I wanted another great series to fill where it used to be.
So, when the Twilight series came along I thought it might just be perfect. I've waited in the wings a bit, I tried to check it out at the Mpls library. There was a 3 week wait! Wow... I decided to go to Barnes and Noble and pick up a copy on Sunday. I'm only on pg. 50 or so...not a great gage of what's to come yet, but I am excited!


Tonight Nathan comes home from Chicago and we are having a St. Patrick's Day get-together at his parents. I'm heading over after class is done at 8pm tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP