
I have been listening to a self-improvement CD "Follow Your North Star" in my car. I got it with my first trip ever to the Minneapolis Public Library *(which is by the way...awesome...the architecture and lay-out of the building is amazing). The audio CD helps you find your true life path through various exercises, where you learn to tune in & listen to your inner self. I did an awesome exercise today that takes you through the steps of your 'ideal day'. By doing this, you are brought closer to the life you are meant to live.
First, you close your eyes and envision waking up in the morning. What the room looks like, how the sheets feel, what you smell, the sounds you hear and who's next to you. Then, you go through the process of getting ready for the day...what your bathroom looks like, what your entire home looks like. Is your house decor eclectic, contemporary, country or retro? What environment is the house set in: an ocean-front, forest, city, etc? While you are getting ready, what clothes are you putting on? Looking in the mirror seeing how your ideal body looks. This is...of course...a fantasy...so you are fit and mad sexy...of course! Who's in your house? Kids, a spouse, friends, or maybe you are alone. There are no right or wrong visions...no shame.
The exercise moves onto the daily task of going to work...where do you work? Is it in an office, a cottage, your house, or a big high rise? You walk through the steps of what your daily job would be if money weren't an issue (and you had all you needed)...you did your job purely for the love of it and the passion it evokes in you. It might be helping people, negotiating big contracts, painting art, or just being with your kids. It can be anything...you go through this process without judging, just accepting and enjoying whatever pops into your head.
My ideal day started with me waking up in a big king sized bed with flanel sheets. I looked out the window and saw a big backyard with lots of trees, flowers and green grass. I smelled grass and soil...a garden smell. I got ready for the day in my big shower with multiple angle showerheads and a big glass door. I was...a size 6! Woo! I put on a sundress that was yellow and ate my ideal breakfast: coffee w/ sugar and berries w/ cream and sugar...and of course a side of sausage. The exercise has you look around the room to see if anyone is there with you too...do you have a husband, kids, dogs, cats? I had a husband and a daugter sitting at the table with me. My daughter was 3 years old...don't ask me why...I just dreamt it. She also had blonde curly hair. Were were sitting at a big wooden table in a big country kitchen.
My house was open, airy, very comfortable with big white couches and chaise lounges. The colors were mainly whites, light blues and browns. Everything was functional and kind of querky...lots of cool nooks and crannies and lots and lots of space! When I left for work I walked out the back door and saw a big vegetable garden and smelled the soil and tomatoes. It was beautiful. I worked at a spa doing aromatherapy, massage & it might have been my spa that I owned with a partner. It was very feng shui, with waterfalls, open space & cool art.
After work, I spent the rest of the day gardening (in realy life, I'm a horrible grass grower, let alone gardner...), having an awesome dinner w/ white wine in hand & taking a bubble bath. I put on lounge sweats and read a book...then went to sleep. I'd say that was a pretty awesome day. The CD says that visualizing this ideal day bring you closer to the life you are supposed to be living. Maybe if you can see it, taste it...you'll want it and work harder to achieve it.
First, you close your eyes and envision waking up in the morning. What the room looks like, how the sheets feel, what you smell, the sounds you hear and who's next to you. Then, you go through the process of getting ready for the day...what your bathroom looks like, what your entire home looks like. Is your house decor eclectic, contemporary, country or retro? What environment is the house set in: an ocean-front, forest, city, etc? While you are getting ready, what clothes are you putting on? Looking in the mirror seeing how your ideal body looks. This is...of course...a fantasy...so you are fit and mad sexy...of course! Who's in your house? Kids, a spouse, friends, or maybe you are alone. There are no right or wrong visions...no shame.
The exercise moves onto the daily task of going to work...where do you work? Is it in an office, a cottage, your house, or a big high rise? You walk through the steps of what your daily job would be if money weren't an issue (and you had all you needed)...you did your job purely for the love of it and the passion it evokes in you. It might be helping people, negotiating big contracts, painting art, or just being with your kids. It can be anything...you go through this process without judging, just accepting and enjoying whatever pops into your head.
My ideal day started with me waking up in a big king sized bed with flanel sheets. I looked out the window and saw a big backyard with lots of trees, flowers and green grass. I smelled grass and soil...a garden smell. I got ready for the day in my big shower with multiple angle showerheads and a big glass door. I was...a size 6! Woo! I put on a sundress that was yellow and ate my ideal breakfast: coffee w/ sugar and berries w/ cream and sugar...and of course a side of sausage. The exercise has you look around the room to see if anyone is there with you too...do you have a husband, kids, dogs, cats? I had a husband and a daugter sitting at the table with me. My daughter was 3 years old...don't ask me why...I just dreamt it. She also had blonde curly hair. Were were sitting at a big wooden table in a big country kitchen.
My house was open, airy, very comfortable with big white couches and chaise lounges. The colors were mainly whites, light blues and browns. Everything was functional and kind of querky...lots of cool nooks and crannies and lots and lots of space! When I left for work I walked out the back door and saw a big vegetable garden and smelled the soil and tomatoes. It was beautiful. I worked at a spa doing aromatherapy, massage & it might have been my spa that I owned with a partner. It was very feng shui, with waterfalls, open space & cool art.
After work, I spent the rest of the day gardening (in realy life, I'm a horrible grass grower, let alone gardner...), having an awesome dinner w/ white wine in hand & taking a bubble bath. I put on lounge sweats and read a book...then went to sleep. I'd say that was a pretty awesome day. The CD says that visualizing this ideal day bring you closer to the life you are supposed to be living. Maybe if you can see it, taste it...you'll want it and work harder to achieve it.

No comments:
Post a Comment