
I had a busy day of organizing today. I got to my house (still in mess with tools everywhere & a layer of construction dust on everything) and started painting my bedroom closet. It's way overdue, with the original colors I sampled (turquoise and lavender) before I decided on a more neutral color...pale yellow. After that, I hauled sheet rock and cement board out to the garage...man that stuff is freakin' heavy!
Then, I kind of went crazy and started going through my office & throwing away any stuff I don't use anymore. I decided my house is just way too small to have excess stuff laying around that I don't use. I am not a packrat at all...I love throwing stuff away, giving it away and getting it out! So, I had some fun with that.
Nathan's good friend Rodrigo passed away earlier this week & he left today with his best friend Chuck to attent the funeral in Chicago. He was only 34 years old, which is a reality check that reminded me to never take things for granted because being young doesn't exempt you.
Unfortunately, my goal for the weekend wasn't met. I didn't end up getting any tiling done (because the sheet rocking is still going on (tomorrow is the last day before they sand). Chuck told Nathan that the contractor should have used quick-set...because it dries in 30 min. instead of 24 hours. Wonder if was swindled.
Tonight I'm finishing up my 2nd coat of pale yellow paint & potentially hanging out with Sarah and doing dinner at her place. Then, heading back to Nathan's where there is a shower and toilet. Awesome. I'm leaving you with a lovely picture of my current shower.

No comments:
Post a Comment