Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bathroom Before & After Pictures

Sunday was the final (well almost final) day of bathroom remodeling. This weekend Nathan put up my shower hardware, my new light fixture, the vanity, toilet roll holder, towel holder, and shower rod/curtain.

I got the final tally of the total cost. Equipment/Parts was about $2,800. The most expensive item being the shower/floor tile which came in at $1,200. I have a giant stack of Home Depot and Menards receipts and can say honestly that I probably won't ever need to ask for help navigating those stores in any related department. Labor costs came to about $2,550. Plumbing was the most expensive at $1,000, the Contractor was a very close second at $900 for the sheet rocking and floor tiling, & the shower pan making was $550 (rip off).
When I originally started, I got a quote from Home Depot's remodeling department and they said the remodel that I requested would be $17,500! So, I think I did alright.

This weekend was my cousin Melissa's going away party. She is moving to Hawaii today! I am so proud of her for taking such a leap of faith. I also went to Keith from works 50th birthday party. It was fun hanging out with Mintahoe people outside of work...but I could have gone without the dirty movies at the Eagle. haha. Seeing buttless chaps was a little outside even my comfort zone!

On Sunday night, I caved in and watched the Twilight movie. I haven't finished the book, so shame shame. I think the ending of the book will be much more fulfilling so I'm excited to keep reading.
I am going to post some before/after photos of the bathroom. Remember, it's only 4'x7', so don't expect your socks to fly off okay? It's still a little cracker box, but a big improvement!! I still need a window curtain & a toilet top replacement which was broken during construction (hence the scarf draped over the top right now), but it's almost there!
BATHROOM BEFORE:




AFTER




No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP