
Wow, this week was crazy. Work was packed with full days of never-ending proposal creations for brides, corporate meeting events and even a pop up bat mitzvah! My new favorite!
I don't really know where the week went, flying by with me running behind to keep up. I had a chance to fit in some of my good friends this week which made it worthwhile. Sarah and I got a chance to hang out on Thursday and had an awesome meal at Olive Garden. We went back to my house and decided to zone in to 'Millionaire Matchmaker'. Let me introduce you to my new favorite show!!! Drumroll please. Have you ever seen this lady?!?! She pairs millionaires (both men and women) with their dream dates...and she does it with some major zest and style. She is a 3rd generation match-maker (which I discovered only means she's an amazing communication/psychologist) and she has (brace yourself) a 99% percent success rate! I got sucked into the show and realized that she totally reminded me of a combination of my psychic JJ and my friend Catherine (who referred me to JJ for my first psychic experience). I highly recommend that you check it out. She doesn't feed into the fact that most of these people want to be treated like royalty. It's fascinating and entertaining to watch her put every different ego-centric guy in his place.
Friday I got a chance to get together with Elke and shop for midnight blue tablerunners for her wedding reception tables. With 3 stops: Linen Effects, Event Lab and Apres...we seemed to have trouble matching her specific blue with what they had in stock. We had a slight insulin emergency when Elke's insulin pack seemed to disconnect and warned her that she was no longer receiving the proper dose. Thankfully, she had a new pack and was in the clear! I wish I would have had a chance to go out for a drink and talk but I had to head to my promo gig at the Target Center.
I don't really know where the week went, flying by with me running behind to keep up. I had a chance to fit in some of my good friends this week which made it worthwhile. Sarah and I got a chance to hang out on Thursday and had an awesome meal at Olive Garden. We went back to my house and decided to zone in to 'Millionaire Matchmaker'. Let me introduce you to my new favorite show!!! Drumroll please. Have you ever seen this lady?!?! She pairs millionaires (both men and women) with their dream dates...and she does it with some major zest and style. She is a 3rd generation match-maker (which I discovered only means she's an amazing communication/psychologist) and she has (brace yourself) a 99% percent success rate! I got sucked into the show and realized that she totally reminded me of a combination of my psychic JJ and my friend Catherine (who referred me to JJ for my first psychic experience). I highly recommend that you check it out. She doesn't feed into the fact that most of these people want to be treated like royalty. It's fascinating and entertaining to watch her put every different ego-centric guy in his place.
Friday I got a chance to get together with Elke and shop for midnight blue tablerunners for her wedding reception tables. With 3 stops: Linen Effects, Event Lab and Apres...we seemed to have trouble matching her specific blue with what they had in stock. We had a slight insulin emergency when Elke's insulin pack seemed to disconnect and warned her that she was no longer receiving the proper dose. Thankfully, she had a new pack and was in the clear! I wish I would have had a chance to go out for a drink and talk but I had to head to my promo gig at the Target Center.
So, I worked a promotional gig for Virgin Mobile at the Britney Spear's concert from 5-10pm on Friday. The event paperwork told us 'not to be late', so I rushed and parked quickly after my rendevous with Elke to make sure I had plenty of time to find the area we were meeting. I went into the 'load in' door and was escorted through the backstage area (saw all the star's dressing rooms!) and up to the VIP room area for training. We had run-through on the new Ocean2 phones so we could show people how to use them & then were given red shirts to wear on the Concourse that read 'I'm an Angel, take advantage of me'. 3 girls had to dress up in tight, short cotton white dresses w/ big white heels and a set of angel wings to host the VIP party. We mainly took people's pictures w/ the phone and sent them to the jumbo-tron screen in the concert area.
When we were done working at 10pm, we were let into a suite and got to see the first 2 acts of Britney's concert. She is a great performer and I'm really glad she's seemed to shake the crazy. Looking around the concert shell, it seemed like the entire thing was a big 'girls night out' with a sprinkle of gay men who absolutely loved and adored her. It had a really good, positive vibe. People dressed to the 9's, with make-up and hair done and their best cocktail dresses. It was definitely a fun group to watch, because everyone was so excited to be there. I was told it was the biggest concert that the Target Center has ever hosted. Not a bad Friday night for $16/hour!

Today I woke up and made some breakfast for Nathan and then we headed to the Humane Center in Golden Valley because Nathan wanted to check out dogs. He has reminded me over and over again that he works too much to own a dog...but I think he is starting to give! The Humane Society has always been a depressing place for me, which reminds me of big metal cages in an echoing prison-type of compound. This facility was brand new, very open and friendly with state of the art everything! They had 'visiting rooms' where you could choose an animal to interact with before you bought it. They had bunny, gerbil, cat, rat, and dog sections. I had a few favorites by the time I left. Each of the cages labeled the animal's name, age, and the reason that the previous owner had given them up'. It was sad to see that so many of the animals cages said 'Too Much of a Responsibility, too much work'. :(
There was the most adorable grey pitbull with blue eyes. He was a little baby and was getting adopted as we came in. My favorite was a beagle/pitbull mix named 'Mr. Peabody'. He was a doll and I tried to persuade Nathan to get him with no luck. Today is an all-day homework day. Well, with the one break to write this message. I have a TON of school work due next week (all at once). I am hoping to finish it up ASAP so I can go to the Fast and the Furious movie with Nathan tonight.
When we were done working at 10pm, we were let into a suite and got to see the first 2 acts of Britney's concert. She is a great performer and I'm really glad she's seemed to shake the crazy. Looking around the concert shell, it seemed like the entire thing was a big 'girls night out' with a sprinkle of gay men who absolutely loved and adored her. It had a really good, positive vibe. People dressed to the 9's, with make-up and hair done and their best cocktail dresses. It was definitely a fun group to watch, because everyone was so excited to be there. I was told it was the biggest concert that the Target Center has ever hosted. Not a bad Friday night for $16/hour!

Today I woke up and made some breakfast for Nathan and then we headed to the Humane Center in Golden Valley because Nathan wanted to check out dogs. He has reminded me over and over again that he works too much to own a dog...but I think he is starting to give! The Humane Society has always been a depressing place for me, which reminds me of big metal cages in an echoing prison-type of compound. This facility was brand new, very open and friendly with state of the art everything! They had 'visiting rooms' where you could choose an animal to interact with before you bought it. They had bunny, gerbil, cat, rat, and dog sections. I had a few favorites by the time I left. Each of the cages labeled the animal's name, age, and the reason that the previous owner had given them up'. It was sad to see that so many of the animals cages said 'Too Much of a Responsibility, too much work'. :(
There was the most adorable grey pitbull with blue eyes. He was a little baby and was getting adopted as we came in. My favorite was a beagle/pitbull mix named 'Mr. Peabody'. He was a doll and I tried to persuade Nathan to get him with no luck. Today is an all-day homework day. Well, with the one break to write this message. I have a TON of school work due next week (all at once). I am hoping to finish it up ASAP so I can go to the Fast and the Furious movie with Nathan tonight.
Tomorrow is Elke's bridal shower and I can't wait for her Mexican-themed event! It's going to be awesome. I owe big props to my home-girls Natalie and Jenni for holding down the Plymouth Creek Center Bridal Expo while I am in Red Wing. I owe you ladies big time!

No comments:
Post a Comment