Monday, June 29, 2009

And they're off!


Saturday's wedding went great! I had the most beautiful bride & handsome groom. They were so happy (and nervous) at the beginning but it all turned to smiles after the fastest ceremony ever: 9 minutes. I think that's the quickest I've witnessed! I got to fluff her train before she went down the aisle (which is always a big honor). I spent the entire day at The Chateau, from 10:30am-9pm. Long day! I went home and brought over some hors d'oeuvre platters for the neighbors and visited a bit.

Sunday I mulched part of my garden (still lots of weeding to do!), which made it look 100% better. Damn, weeds grow fast and I can barely keep up. Then Nathan picked me up to go to the Horse Races. We indulged in some high class cuisine (KFC) and headed to the track. It was 'harness' racing, which involves the jockey sitting in a wheel cart in back. It was a sunny day and I enjoyed some nice Leinenkugels Summer Shandy. My mom and Dave also came. I placed a couple small bets, losing all of them. Then, I bet $10 on #1 in the 7th race and won my money back plus $8. Woohoo! I came out a winner!

Nathan and I grilled some veggie kabobs, brats, and pineapple last night and it was delicious. I can't wait until we head up to my cabin tomorrow night after class.

I'm headed off to class right now until 9pm! Time to learn about the human spinal cord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP