Monday, June 22, 2009

Bachelorette Success!

Friday night was a great time. Nathan and I went on the Mississippi Queen Riverboat Cruise. It was apparently 'the longest day of the year' some people from the U of M were celebrating with leotards and flag dances. Someone was even standing on top of a building flapping these big gold wings. We got a good laugh out of it. We enjoyed a nice buffet and even with a little rain during dinner the sun came out again and warmed us up. It was nice to spend time with Nathan reconnecting.


Saturday was a big day! I got a call late at night from my frantic bride who forgot her bouquets for the ceremony in The Chateau cooler the night before. She called 411 to ask for a list of all 'Helleksons', ended up calling my dad's 1 st wife, who gave her my half-sisters number, who gave her my cell number. Wow! Ambitious! I let in her friend at 9:30am to pick up the flowers, crisis averted.

I prepped for Sarah's bachelorette party all morning and then headed to Gretchen's wedding at The Chateau through dinner service. After that, I sped to the Mariott and started setting up. We played a video titled 'How well does Dean know Sarah?', I had videotaped a series of questions that Dean answered regarding Sarah. It was a lot of fun & they realllly knew each other! She got almost every one right. We also played 'Guess the Celebrity Bling', where the girls had to guess which engagement ring belonged to which A List Celebrity.

After some drinks we headed to Kips for a round of free appetizers (thank you Meggan!-a Chateau bride from October 2008). Jill also got us half-priced rooms at the Mariott (thank you Jilly!). I feel so blessed to know so many amazing women & to have met a few more! Sarah had a good time so I'm happy with the results!

Sunday was Father's Day. My mom and Dave came over & I made them Dave's favorite: Meatballs and Spaghetti w/ Caesar salad and cheesy bread. Dave and I shoveled 2 truck-loads of rock into my patio area. It took all day and man was I tired. We even trimmed the alley-way bushes because I got a formal city complaint that they were too far out! Mom weeded my entire garden (thanks mom). I headed over to Nathans and I was fast asleep by 10pm.

About to head to class for some pre-class Burrito Loco & Physiology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP