Weddings can be a true test of character. The stress of the long to-do lists, merging 2 families together, and the decorating. Today it was a Chateau wedding set-up. In most cases, I allow set-up for 1 hour the day before their wedding to give them some ease the day of. But today, I allowed 2 hours (because I felt generous).
So, as I mentioned stress, can really bring out the character of people. I had an aunt trying to tack on our wood finishing to hang up exotic gold draping. Think...Mister T gold. Bleh. She look positively hurt when I told her our decorating policy does not allow it. I had another woman telling me the fireplace area was ugly and dark and needed 'something'. All the while, 2 families are avoiding each other entirely...some kind of messy divorce/re-marriage. Yikes! Most of the time, people realllly enjoy the pre-planning festivities and are in good spirits...but sometimes it's wedding hiss!
Today I went out to lunch with my co-workers Joy and Natalie to a great Japanese restaurant. It was nice to catch up and mix it up a bit (those lean cuisine entrees were getting old). Last night, I made my 'bliss spray', an essential oil mixture of lavender, chamomile, and orange peel...mixed with distilled water. I got small glass spray bottles and sent one to Susan (via mail and lots of bubble wrap) and also gave a couple to Joy and Natalie at lunch. It smells soooo yummy & is supposed to give you sweet dreams.
Oh, and I'm sorry to anyone who normally reads my blog. I've been trying to get it removed from google search engines because I don't want it to be completely public. :( It sounds like I either need to make people log in or give in to having be public. So, I'm afraid that this won't be able to be as juicy as I would like. Sorry!
Tonight I'm going to St. Anthony Main with Nathan to their Concert Series, Concentual is playing. Never heard of them, but excited to hear! I reallly want to see the Mick Sterling band which is playing there on Sunday June 14th! He is awesome.
Happy Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment