Tuesday, August 25, 2009

he's so fresh...

Picked Scotch up from the Vet yesterday after his teeth cleaning. Poor little guy was all drugged up and crabby. Vet gave him a thumbs up, no big cavities or extractions needed. Fwew. Because paying that much was already hitting the pocketbook hard. This vet was half as much as my original vet's quote...so I think I found a new vet! Scotch laid on my lap in the car on the way home nodding in and out of sleep. We made it home and he took a very long nap upstairs, all alone...recovering. I was happy to cuddle up with him last night to listen to the thunderstorm.

Today is a busy one with tours & a proposal creation at Plymouth Creek this evening. I sometimes feel like I have talked about our menus, The Chateau and Plymouth Creek so much that it is starting to sound like a rehearsed piece from a play. I have to find new, unique ways of saying the same thing.

One big thing I worked on this week is a special 'facility detail' or cheat sheet if you will for The Chateau. There are some venue-specific details I wanted to list (slide show AV requirements, outlet placements, no confetti please!!!, on-site ceremony details, restrictions on music outside & outside beer during wedding rehearsals. It's always a pain to be the 'party police' when I bust a bridal party for bringing in a cooler during their rehearsal the day before, or during their ceremony walk-through the day of. I can let ya get away with a Subway sandwich, but not a 24 pack of Coors you gangster.

Another thing that stirred the lists creation is the bride this past Saturday at The Chateau. Her fiance assumed we had a projector, which we do not. Fortunately, the DJ ordered one in and the wedding couple paid for it. It was a bad feeling telling someone that all the work that went into the slide shows creation was out the window. I hope it helps my brides during their planning & lessens the day-of surprises that so often pop up!

Today I'm also analyzing 2 menus from our competitors. I realized that one of the caterers we compete with copied the information template I send my brides...VERBATUM. No changes, she just copy/pasted her company's name instead of ours. You can see the font I use & the one she chose to fill in their information. They even looked over our menu price and put their pricing either the same as, or $.25-$.50 lower than ours. Silly. I was fuming...(mainly because I realized that all my emails were sounding generic because they were getting repeated from our competitor)...but have to say that imitation is the greatest source of flattery. Right? I am planning on confronting her (via email of course...must. contain. professional. composure.). I just need approval from the powers that be on the email I plan to send. Feels like I'm dropping a bomb. Can't wait to see how they explain the forgery. Suckas!

Some fun news, the new West-something or-nother mall is opening soon. It's RIGHT near my house, which is great. Right now, I drive to Robbinsdale to grocery shop at Cub & Ridgedale in Minnetonka for Target. For movies, I head to Hwy. 100 and Excelsior. I thought Minneapolis was supposed to be the all-inclusive city with so much to offer? Where the stores at? This will be much closer for me. So far, they have a 17 screen movie theater and a Rainbow Foods now open.

Happy Tuesday. I love not having class! Forgot what it was like. Mmm...awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Robyn - You better stay away from Rainbow or the SUPERVALU police will get you! Plus they are not going to have your favorite Culinary Circle Spinach Dip. - Heart, Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Back to TOP