So, it's my last week of classes before finals. I am so excited to have 2 weeks off. I am not scheduling a ton, so I can enjoy myself and free time.This weekends wedding went great! They both had to be evacuated into the basements when a tornado touched down in Plymouth, but both parties kept going! I worked longer hours at The Chateau because they were short staffed, so I bussed some dishes to keep up with clearing the room. It was a great staff, so I had fun doing it. Plus, I got to try the best wedding cake ever! Yes, EVER! It was called a 'Princess Torte' and it's from Woullet's Bakery in Edina. I wrote them a letter this morning that read:
Hi There,
We hosted _____'s & ______'s (to remain anonymous in my blog!) wedding at our Chateau at Medicine Lake location this past Saturday, August 8th. You made them a ‘Princess Torte’ that was beautiful. I had a chance to try an extra piece & my goodness…it was amazing! It was melt in your mouth & perfectly sweetened. I am an Event Consultant with Mintahoe and my focus is weddings, so I’ve tried many many cakes. Yours was absolutely delicious and I’d have to say it was probably the best cake I had ever tasted.
I thought I should send you a note letting you know.
Great Job!
I got a letter back from Aaron Woullet saying thank you. I think it's always nice to be reminded when you do a good job & so often I think we forget to point out all the good that happens too...not just our negative experiences. My next letter (after I get some employee names) is to write a thank you note to the Holiday Gas Station by The Chateau. I LOVE going there (well, as much as anyone could love going to a nice gas station). They are so genuine & talkative and actually seem to care how your day is going. The staff is awesome. Not your typical gas station feel.
Yesterday I worked on my front yard with my mom and Dave. They helped me take out all the old boulders and put in bigger ones to avoid erosion that was taking over my front yard. It was tough work! We had a nice lunch outside & then I went to Nathan's. We walked around downtown Excelsior & ate at Haskell's. It is such a cute town. We are going back this Wednesday for the new Harry Potter movie. We finished #5 last night. Can't wait to see how it compares to the books.
Got a great book at Barnes & Noble this weekend too! It's called 'Organize Now' and I'm going to start it soon. I've read some good reviews online. I love organizing & in my small house it's almost a necessity.
Hi There,
We hosted _____'s & ______'s (to remain anonymous in my blog!) wedding at our Chateau at Medicine Lake location this past Saturday, August 8th. You made them a ‘Princess Torte’ that was beautiful. I had a chance to try an extra piece & my goodness…it was amazing! It was melt in your mouth & perfectly sweetened. I am an Event Consultant with Mintahoe and my focus is weddings, so I’ve tried many many cakes. Yours was absolutely delicious and I’d have to say it was probably the best cake I had ever tasted.
I thought I should send you a note letting you know.
Great Job!
I got a letter back from Aaron Woullet saying thank you. I think it's always nice to be reminded when you do a good job & so often I think we forget to point out all the good that happens too...not just our negative experiences. My next letter (after I get some employee names) is to write a thank you note to the Holiday Gas Station by The Chateau. I LOVE going there (well, as much as anyone could love going to a nice gas station). They are so genuine & talkative and actually seem to care how your day is going. The staff is awesome. Not your typical gas station feel.
Yesterday I worked on my front yard with my mom and Dave. They helped me take out all the old boulders and put in bigger ones to avoid erosion that was taking over my front yard. It was tough work! We had a nice lunch outside & then I went to Nathan's. We walked around downtown Excelsior & ate at Haskell's. It is such a cute town. We are going back this Wednesday for the new Harry Potter movie. We finished #5 last night. Can't wait to see how it compares to the books.
Got a great book at Barnes & Noble this weekend too! It's called 'Organize Now' and I'm going to start it soon. I've read some good reviews online. I love organizing & in my small house it's almost a necessity.
Finishing up work and heading off to class for the last day of lectures in Physiology.

I'm randomly perusing older blog posts, saw this one and just had to say -- great minds think alike! I own "Organize Now" and L-O-V-E it. I think I bought it around this time too -- cue "Twilight Zone" music now. LOL. I love the easy, checklist-style chapters. Great stuff. Hope you liked it -- I'll have to keep reading forward to see if you blogged any thoughts on it. :o)
ReplyDelete