Tuesday, July 28, 2009

crack a bottle...



Sometimes you just have to crack a beer! That's what I'm doing right now! I have had a crazy busy last 2 weeks. And amazingly, most of my stuff is in order! I've started a really good system of spreading my 'to do' list between each day of the week, fitting each item in where it flows best. I don't make excuses to avoid it, I just do it. And man, it's working! I don't look around and see craziness. Today while I was driving and fluttering about from home to office to appointment to office to home and to class....I thought "Hey, I'm doing this! I said I would and I'm getting it done & I'm going to be better for it in the end, it's worth this stress right now because the reward will be big!" That felt so good to remember. I am running the last mile of the finish line, with clinic right around the corner. I'm almost a professional massage therapist!


It's so easy to forget why we challenge ourselves when it starts to feel hard. I guess no person really grew living vanilla and never trying new flavors.

The brunch wedding on Sunday went perfect & the bride and groom were happy (even after a payment fiasco leading to a very unhappy conversation). It seemed to melt away as soon as I brought them their Bloody Mary & Whiskey 7. After the wedding kicked off I ran home to make a pot roast and special brownie mint bars for Nathan. I really had a calling to make a roast. Why? Who the hell knows. It was my first time & it turned out pretty good! Nathan & I went to Kooza, Circe De Soleil's show running in downtown St. Paul. I went once before with him to Saltembanco and it was amazing, no words to explain how so. This show was equally as entertaining & I couldn't take my eyes off the stage.

Work has involved a lot of off-site meetings this week, but I'm keeping my head above water. I am taking a half-day tomorrow to catch up and organize! It's Alicia's bachelorette party tomorrow night & I can't wait to hang out with Jenni, Natalie and Alicia like old Mint. times. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP