Friday, July 24, 2009

Day Off!

Today is so nice to have off of work! I did have to go into The Chateau to let a bride drop off some items for tomorrow & then I headed to work to drop off a check for her 20 added drink tickets late in the game. So, there has been a little bit of work today.

Yesterday was so stressful when a bride & groom's payment didn't arrive for this Sunday's wedding. I told them we needed certified check by 9am today. Everything was fine with the bride when I told her, but 5 minutes later I got a call from a very unhappy groom. He made some pretty bogus accusations, which of course made me feel bad. I'm just doing my best, and all weddings need to be pre-paid. It's policy. Fortunately, we found the check in our mail at the last minute while he was busy telling me he refused to pay. Good thing too, because I was about to ask him if he was okay with not having food at his wedding! Usually, when strangers yell at me I get really hurt and it throws off my entire day. But, it bothered me for about 30 minutes and then all of a sudden I was in a really good mood. I just accepted the fact that no one does mean things because of you...it's what's inside them & of course that guy was probably very stressed. I can't take that personally. So, I let it slide and it felt so nice.

I am enjoying watching some Charmed and doing loads of laundry! Almost there! I don't think I'm going to tackle fixing my front lawn today, I need to employ Dave's help for that. It's a day project and today is all mine!

Now, time for some house cleaning, weeding the garden and reading. So, I guess it's not really a totally work-free day. ;)
Tonight I might go out on the town with Laura and Lona. I'll have to see where the evening takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP