

I just returned a few hours ago from the cabin. Nathan & I spent 5 days and 5 nights there. We drove up late Tuesday night after class was out and got up late Tuesday night. We brought Dixie and Bentley with us. They don't get along perfectly (mostly because Dixie wants to play and Benny is an mini old man). We enjoyed lots of sun time. Every free non-activity moment was spent reading 'New Moon' from the Twilight series. I couldn't put it down. I was actually annoyed when I was forced to turn the page because the story was so exciting. I have only 15 pages left, and I left it in Nathan's car! 
What did we do? Well, we sat on the dock in the sun, we fished for bass while listening to music on Nathan's new Palm phone, we had 'cocktail cruises' on the pontoon with the family enjoying cheese and spinach dip, we went to Ruttger's (my favorite stop), we went to the all-you-can-eat seafood buffet at Grand Casino Mille Lacs, made s'mores with the boys, fished, Nathan broke and fixed 2 things, we visited to a townie bar called 'You Betcha' where 4 beers cost only $5. It was a great trip, and although I thought I'd get totally immersed in relaxation, there was always something going on. We enjoyed some water sports on the speed boat. I had so much fun laughing with my nephews Aidan and Nathan. They are really cool kids and I don't spend near enough time with them.
We found at least 4 ticks a day on Dixie. One mini deer tick that landed right on her eyelid, so close to her eye ball it took hours to get latched to it and pull it off. Bentley (as far as I can tell) didn't have 1 tick.
My favorite part was the fireworks in Crosby on 4th of July. What a show! I have seen big towns put together great shows but this was something else. I think all the people from the tri-city area were there to see them & they were big and so close some sparks hit the ground in front of us.
Dixie was so good, leashless the entire trip. She always hung around the cabin and was such a good girl. I think it's going to be hard for her to be back in the house! I loved waking up each morning and making coffee while reading my book on the dock. Heaven. It was a much needed trip & I loved every free blissful moment.
I have a big week ahead of me with Sarah's wedding coming up on Saturday! I sadly, procrastinated and need to get my bridesmaids dress altered VERY quickly! Wish me luck & I hope that you had a great 4th! ...here are some pictures!

What did we do? Well, we sat on the dock in the sun, we fished for bass while listening to music on Nathan's new Palm phone, we had 'cocktail cruises' on the pontoon with the family enjoying cheese and spinach dip, we went to Ruttger's (my favorite stop), we went to the all-you-can-eat seafood buffet at Grand Casino Mille Lacs, made s'mores with the boys, fished, Nathan broke and fixed 2 things, we visited to a townie bar called 'You Betcha' where 4 beers cost only $5. It was a great trip, and although I thought I'd get totally immersed in relaxation, there was always something going on. We enjoyed some water sports on the speed boat. I had so much fun laughing with my nephews Aidan and Nathan. They are really cool kids and I don't spend near enough time with them.
We found at least 4 ticks a day on Dixie. One mini deer tick that landed right on her eyelid, so close to her eye ball it took hours to get latched to it and pull it off. Bentley (as far as I can tell) didn't have 1 tick.
My favorite part was the fireworks in Crosby on 4th of July. What a show! I have seen big towns put together great shows but this was something else. I think all the people from the tri-city area were there to see them & they were big and so close some sparks hit the ground in front of us.
Dixie was so good, leashless the entire trip. She always hung around the cabin and was such a good girl. I think it's going to be hard for her to be back in the house! I loved waking up each morning and making coffee while reading my book on the dock. Heaven. It was a much needed trip & I loved every free blissful moment.
I have a big week ahead of me with Sarah's wedding coming up on Saturday! I sadly, procrastinated and need to get my bridesmaids dress altered VERY quickly! Wish me luck & I hope that you had a great 4th! ...here are some pictures!


No comments:
Post a Comment