Tonight's mission is creating a cool jewelry organizer. I got the idea from a blog I follow called 'This Young House'. The jewelry organized doubles as art.I currently have all my jewelry in a mini stack on a book shelf. This is going to be great way to make getting ready in the morning that much faster. I plan to put it up on my bedroom staircase.
Here are the steps to create your own:
1. Take a store bought cork message board.
2. Sand then paint the trim the color of your choice.
3. Find a cute fabric and cut to size, then hot glue in place.
4. Buy coordinating ribbon and cut to size horizontally.
5. Pin ribbon in place with thumbtacks
6. Screw cup hooks at the bottom for necklaces.
7. Attach a ribbon loop to hang from and ta-da!! You're organized and it looks cool!
Picture to follow!
Oh, and when I'm done with this it's laundry laundry laundry. My kitties are mad I haven't been home and decided to pee in my underwear hamper. What a nice smell to come home to after a long day at the office. Yeek. Guess I need to take some time to cuddle with them tonight.
I'm sneaking in some of the Eclipse book tonight too, I'm half-way done!


No comments:
Post a Comment