Monday, April 19, 2010

weekend re-cap.

Woodland Hills Winery, Delano MN.

Ah, sitting in bed right now with a yummy cup of cinnamon spice tea and some pandora R&B tunes. So nice.

I want to tell you about my incredible weekend. I feel so blessed.

First off, let me say I woke up on Friday with hay-fever. All of the plants springing combined with lots of wind this week created a very stuffed up Robyn. I called in sick to work on Friday (2nd time ever in the history of my working life -so hey, give it to me). Lots of tea=an unstuffed Robyn.

Got ready for the day and went for a 10 mile run. I walked a couple times, but I did run 10! Craziness. I never thought I'd be to the point of running and actually being able to think about something other than "this hurts, I wanna stop!" Now, my mind gets clear and I can contemplate life in a really relaxed way. It's a beautiful thing that I am still amazed by.

Friday night I went out to celebrate Toni's birthday at the Bulldog in NE Mpls. Enjoyed time with Sammy, Geoff and Laura. Then Laura and I joined her boyfrien
d and his friends for some dancing downtown. Even though the club was empty, we danced the night away. At 2am, it was very necessary to hit up Soho Cafe for a big piece of pizza...of course! To top that, let's go to bed with contacts in and make-up on. Sound good? Yep.

Saturday I went to my weekly butt-kicking at 'Strictly Strengh' class. She did a ton of exercises on this inverted bench. Yikes! Hurried home and headed to Red Wing to visit Susan and meet her brand new chocolate lab puppy Dace. She was doing make-up for her brother's girlfiend because it was Red Wing Prom that night. So cute! We figured out our last Prom was 8 years ago! Crazy. I felt old, but I wouldn't trade the wisdom I've gained for anything! ;) Boy, we were really little back then...and we thought we knew it all. *sigh*

Susan's Brother, Dan-Man..ready for Prom 2010!

We enjoyed lots of deep conversation over some Cold Press coffee from Caribou. Life is so crazy, I just can't keep up with how it changes each and every day for every one of us. Life the last 4 years has flown by. I attribute much of the 'blur' to how much I work with my nose to the grindstone. It was so nice to catch up with Susan and sit in the warm summer sun.

Sunday was killer awesome. My mom came over and we went to Woodland Hills Winery in Delano for a 'High Tea'. I'm going to include a description of the full event details in a separate post. We had a tea expert come in to talk about the tea infusions, the food they served, and the history of tea. It was so formal yet relaxed, I loved every minute. We tried strawberry rhubarb wine, 3 different teas, pastries/scones, mini sandwiches, and petite desserts. So delicious, both for the eyes and the tummy.


Sunday afternoon it was 72 and sunny so Kristin and I got the patio in order and enjoyed playing tunes for one another on our laptops, painting our nails and drinking Coronas. A couple neighbors came by to lounge. Mike came over and we made a fire in the pit backyard and grilled some burgers and brats. Couldn't ask for anything better...well...until Mike played instrumental hip hop on Pandora and freestyled. It was off the hook...he was really good! All of us were blown away, laughing at the funny lyrics he came up with on the fly, and adding in some of our own. Kristen had a couple doosies!

Overall, a perfectly sunny, random, lovely weekend!

How was yours? What did you do? Please do share. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP