Friday, April 2, 2010

wo-man.



Such a fun past couple of days!

Last night I had a great hip hop class, getting better at the dance we learned last week. Found out that our instructor adds most of them to youtube.
I only found one that I'm in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr9MLYa4BY4

I called Chris and we went for a walk around Lake of the Isles spontaneously at 11pm. It's been so nice out lately, who wouldn't enjoy a late night stroll? So we park and start walking.
How many miles is Lake of the Isles? I didn't know (it's 2.86 miles around, thanks google). We just walked...and walked...we were so busy talking we didn't see his car...and couldn't find it. We were totally lost. We walked around twice I think. It was 2am when we decided to call a cab. Chris said something to the effective of 'well, we're not at a house, we are outside on the corner of lake of the isles parkway and 26th'. 20 minutes later, we have a cab and finally find our car $7 later. Terribly funny to explain to the cab driver what we're doing.

Strangely enough, the same thing happened to my mom and I back on Mother's Day a few years back! The lake is shaped like a middle finger...and I see why. Check it out for yourself here: .http://www.allminnesota.com/phototrips/lake-of-the-isles/map.jpg

Today I struggled to wake up due to my extravaganza. I made it to my Twin Cities Wedding Professionals Meeting at 413 on Wacouta...a beautiful venue for weddings and events.

I was asked to their Volunteer Coordinator with Hailley from LeEvents. So excited and honored to be invited! We had a wonderful tour of the venue from Lynn, the owner of the building. She was hilarious, it just made the start of my morning feel amazing and full of possibilities. Isn't it crazy how certain people can shift energy and bring out the best in us?
We had Sysco training at work on Communication. I got jazzed up. I love that stuff! I love learning about other communication styles and figuring out how people tick. It was a very interesting seminar and we even won a team challenge which led to a free Lucky Charms hat for each person on our team. Woohoo!


Joy hosted a fabulous designer shoe party at 'The Secret Vault', a consignment-like shop of designer shoes in Maple Grove. We enjoyed a Paris-like, girly setting with wine, snacks and lots and lots of shoes. I got a pair of Baby Phat heels...hilarious! If you don't know what Baby Phat is, it's a hip-hop like brand that Kimora Lee Simmons (the wife of the guy who started Run DMC) created. They are really sexy shoes, I must admit. Sexy without a human involved even. Can't wait to find an excuse to be 6'3"! Bam!

I hope everyone's enjoying the beginnings of a beautiful Spring!


1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing the hip hop class (all but the sweaty guys). which one are you? are you wearing a green top? FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Back to TOP