
Sadly admitting something:
I don't think I can keep up with the Abelbyntina project! *Shame* Cooking my way through my family recipe book was like the ultimate blog topic. However, the frequent trips to the grocery store coupled with the unhealthy recipes made it hard for me to justify my tight budget (and schedule) and follow-through. However, I am happy to report my cousin Kristina is triumphing. Check it out!: http://hfamilycooking.blogspot.com/
I'm going to try a few here and there, but recently I've come to the realization that there's a good chance I have A.D.D. and am better at being 'okay at a lot of things' rather than 'good at a few'. This is what my good friend calls 'a mult-faceted diamond'...and I'll hang my hat on that one since it sounds a lot better than 'short-attention spanned, goofy, hyper chick'.
I have so much to report on. Some big news. I think I can run. Yah, like a distance run. I haven't run since they clocked your mile in gym class freshman year in high school. Remember that? I do, so much that I actually remember my time too. That's how traumatic this memory is: 8 minutes and 16 seconds. Yah, not great. Let me give you some background as to what happened this weekend:
Saturday afternoon, 4pm.
Me: "I think I'm going to go for a walk down the Theo Wirth Trail"
Kristen: "Cool, I'm going grocery shopping, lets meet back here in an hour and we'll go out for a drink".
I don't think I can keep up with the Abelbyntina project! *Shame* Cooking my way through my family recipe book was like the ultimate blog topic. However, the frequent trips to the grocery store coupled with the unhealthy recipes made it hard for me to justify my tight budget (and schedule) and follow-through. However, I am happy to report my cousin Kristina is triumphing. Check it out!: http://hfamilycooking.blogspot.com/
I'm going to try a few here and there, but recently I've come to the realization that there's a good chance I have A.D.D. and am better at being 'okay at a lot of things' rather than 'good at a few'. This is what my good friend calls 'a mult-faceted diamond'...and I'll hang my hat on that one since it sounds a lot better than 'short-attention spanned, goofy, hyper chick'.
I have so much to report on. Some big news. I think I can run. Yah, like a distance run. I haven't run since they clocked your mile in gym class freshman year in high school. Remember that? I do, so much that I actually remember my time too. That's how traumatic this memory is: 8 minutes and 16 seconds. Yah, not great. Let me give you some background as to what happened this weekend:
Saturday afternoon, 4pm.
Me: "I think I'm going to go for a walk down the Theo Wirth Trail"
Kristen: "Cool, I'm going grocery shopping, lets meet back here in an hour and we'll go out for a drink".
Me: "Sounds good, see you in 1 hour"
*Off I go, walking, walking. I think to myself: Wow, I'm really hyper today. Wow, this new hip hop song is amazing. I feel like I want to jog. Ok, let's try it. Ok.
*Off I go, walking, walking. I think to myself: Wow, I'm really hyper today. Wow, this new hip hop song is amazing. I feel like I want to jog. Ok, let's try it. Ok.
*Start Jogging.
*Keep Jogging -am surprised I can keep jogging.
*and keep jogging...further than I've ever gone before.
*Stop. Wonder why I'm not gasping for breath. Worry about my sanity. Then realize, I've been working out...maybe I'm 'in shape'. Holy crap! No...in shape? Am I?
*Try jogging again. Keep jogging until I hit Golden Valley. Keep going until Robbinsdale.
*Turn around because I realize its way past 1 hour and Kristen is going to think I've been killed.
*Keep Jogging -am surprised I can keep jogging.
*and keep jogging...further than I've ever gone before.
*Stop. Wonder why I'm not gasping for breath. Worry about my sanity. Then realize, I've been working out...maybe I'm 'in shape'. Holy crap! No...in shape? Am I?
*Try jogging again. Keep jogging until I hit Golden Valley. Keep going until Robbinsdale.
*Turn around because I realize its way past 1 hour and Kristen is going to think I've been killed.
*Jog all the way home. Go into immediate shock that I can run. Do a dance in the front my house that looks like I had an epileptic seizure.
*Get blisters on both feet. Bad shoes. Realize my calves really hurt.
Sunday:
*Forget the fact that I'm wounded, and do it again.
PIMP!
*Get blisters on both feet. Bad shoes. Realize my calves really hurt.
Sunday:
*Forget the fact that I'm wounded, and do it again.
PIMP!


I am BEYOND stoked for you!!! Way to go!!!! :oD Seriously, that's awesome. And don't talk yourself out of an 8:16 mile time, chica! The Boston Marathon is the holy grail of races for marathon runners and an 8:15 mile time would get you there. (Of course, the challenge is that you have to consistently run 8:15 per mile on an approved marathon, but that's just details . . . ) ;o) Rock on, girlie! Who's a studmuffin? You are!
ReplyDeletepain! blisters!...yeah! but you CAN RUN! YAY!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! It's a great feeling isn't it! xox
Awesome that you can run!!! I can't be too disappointed about your abandoning the cooking project - running is a much healthier way to spend your time, energy, and money. I fully support this decision, cousin!! Keep us posted on your progress. Any marathons coming up?
ReplyDeleteOoo, no marathons ladies! I once volunteered at the Twin Cities Marathon for massage school (massaging runners as they crossed the finish line). And, I tell ya...it isn't pretty. haha.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the support...and Kristina, thanks for understanding about the project! You are awesome for keeping it going! :)
xoxo-Robyn
That is so awesome Robyn! You should tell Beth! She'll be thrilled!! :)
ReplyDelete