Completed my very 1st recipe in the Adelbyntina Project!
Tonight's mission was Garden Vegetable Soup.
The very LAST recipe in my family recipe book.
Who's recipe is it? Who knows!
The very LAST recipe in my family recipe book.
Who's recipe is it? Who knows!

Verdict:
Easiness factor: A. super easy...cut veggie
s and throw them together in a pot!Yum factor: B. Not super flavorful. I added Saracha to give it some kick and that was delicious! My roomie Kristen enjoyed the regular soup sans spiciness.
Notes:
-Smells delicious cooking
-I added mushrooms although the recipe didn't call for it. I just love them too much (well that and they were going rot soon)
-The tomato paste added in with the broth made it extra yummy. Good idea!
-Smells delicious cooking
-I added mushrooms although the recipe didn't call for it. I just love them too much (well that and they were going rot soon)
-The tomato paste added in with the broth made it extra yummy. Good idea!
The recipe stated to simmer the carrots, garlic, and onions for 5 minutes on low heat until tender. Really, do you think that fresh carrots get 'tender' in 5 minutes on low heat? Nah. That does not happen. Try 15 minutes sista.
Pros: Healthy, Easy
Cons: Not as flavorful as I'd like. Add some spice!
Overall Rating: B.
Pros: Healthy, Easy
Cons: Not as flavorful as I'd like. Add some spice!
Overall Rating: B.
Cheers! To my 1st recipe down!
I must say I lucked out with an easy 1st recipe. If you'd like to see how my cousin Kristina's 1st recipe went (pork chops with dressing) you can visit her blog here: http://hfamilycooking.blogspot.com/
soup and wine. mmm. whatever.



I love home made soup...so much less sodium than in store bought. I make a huge pot of soup every week in the winter months, we have it before dinner or for lunch, I alternate so we don't get bored with it. I usually start with a pot of broth and raid the fridge to make my concoctions...with soup anything goes :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing your cookbook journey, your soup looks delicious! What is Saracha??? xxoxo
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLoved reading your post! You got a yummy first recipe!! I'll definitely remember the spices when it's my time to make it. Right now I'm really dreading the tuna jello loaf... and wondering if you're about to win some kind of bet with your friends - that this whole thing was a way to con me into eating beef flavored jello. Regardless, I'm very excited our project is officially underway!!
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting. I love it. It sounds like it was a fun night at Robyn's house! I'm with you - sometimes a little spicy is soooooooo good. (This is coming from a girl who puts Cayenne pepper in just about everything. LOL.)
ReplyDeletemmmm the pic definitely makes the soup look yummy! :)
ReplyDeletehad tuna loaf for dinner Thurs. night. Photos and blow-by-blow up on blog. blah.
ReplyDelete