Thursday, March 18, 2010

what keeps me happy.

Hip Hop creates this euphoric outlet for me.
I get jazzed up.
My heart flutters and lifts in the best way.
I feel what I call 'dance chills' all the way down to my toes.

Today I realized just how obsessed I am:
It starts early, playing on my laptop while I'm getting ready for work.
It's definitely on in the car to work, can't waste those 12" subs. And I'm not talkin' Subway.
I sometimes sneak a little iPod listen mid-day at work via my Nano.
Sometimes I subject other unwilling people to it, hoping they'll get excited (sorry Jenni)
And once a week, I attend the best hip hop class at Lifetime (recruited Laura tonight!)
I get home, pick what hip hop I want to download from the 106&Park BET list.
Listen to it until, 1:11am...which is the time right now.
If you're feeling frisky, check out the Vevo video of my most favorite hip hop song currently.
I dare you not to head bob. Dare you!
goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way with punk rock . . . LOL. It's blasting from my car when I'm having a bad day, or a good day . . . or any day. Ha! It energizes me. I'll sprint to "American Idiot" or something by The Offspring or (to go a little further back) rock out to The Clash. It's aallll good. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Back to TOP