My brother in law's job is offering a great position and the company is paying all the moving costs. I thought she was calling to tell me she was pregnant!
When she gave me the news, my face just drained white. I am bummed out.
I held it together for about 5 minutes because Krista was sad too, then I started balling.
I don't want to miss out on seeing my nephews grow up. I just had this vision of me visiting and Aidan was all grown up and didn't know me. I don't want that.
Plus, I didn't really get to know Krista until our Dad passed away back when I was a freshman in high school. We just started to become closer over the last couple of years. Now, it scares me to think that this move is going to make it hard to stay close.
There is some good that can come of it. A great excuse for a vacation to California to see them. Sunny weather! I know they'll love it there because the weather will provide more opportunities for their family to do fun activities. We are so limited with snowy weather in MN. Seems healthier to be somewhere warm, doesn't it?
In the end, everything happens for a reason right? I know we'll find a way to stay close. But, for now...that's rough news.

Oh, man, that's tough! :o( So sorry to hear this . . . But if it's any consolation, Southwest Airlines is cheap and you'll accrue many frequent flyer miles coming to visit. California is a great state if *ahem* I do say so myself . . . Not always sunny and lovely, but we are certainly spoiled here with temperate weather. Do you know where in California they'll end up?
ReplyDeletePlus, there's a couch in San Jose that you're welcome to sleep on should you ever find yourself in the neighborhood. ;o)
I was bummed to hear it too! Because it is EPIC to get from Maine to California.
ReplyDeleteI have written to Krista suggesting we Skype it. I thought she and I could get a laptop with a Webcam for my mom. So maybe we all three ought to be Skypin' sisters!
I'm sorry sweetie... I know this is hard, but look on the bright side - someplace to stay in sunny CA!! :)
ReplyDelete