Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ah! Deadlines!


Work hit me like a ton of bricks today!

I had to cancel plans with Sarah tonight to work on my entry binder after work. There was a moment during a printing debacle that I did bang my head on my desk (lightly). Sad, so sad.

I'm entering the category of 'Best Social Event -Budget under $25,000' for the the International Special Events Society Star Awards. The entry process is rigid and there is a ton of work to do. I spent most of my day trying to get it done, it's due tomorrow! The event was a Bar Mitzvah that took place at one of our venues, it was a camping/wilderness theme.

Minor meltdown while trying to make a proposal deadline with a client who needed it within 2 hours. A huge event, who requested the same menu we did in 2006. Really, 4 years ago? Those files are archived in a basement across town sista. Somehow did it...amazing...but not without some major freakage on my face as I raced around the office making calls.

Funny Moment: Suggested a signature drink to 'celebrate the retiree's personality' at the event. Got an email back saying: "Love your suggestion, but won't be presenting it. The retiree is a recovering alcoholic'. Nice Robyn, nice. That's how this day is going.

Tomorrow, I am attending a Wedding Professionals Event at a venue I've been dying to see! It's supposed to be the next hot spot. Should be a blast.

Then, I'm turning in my award entry binder with my fingers crossed! I know there will be so many great contestants.

Still at the office right now so it's time to high tail it outta here to my new boyfriend's house: Lifetime Fitness!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP