Friday, January 22, 2010

yum.



Had a great lunch at the Good Day Cafe in St. Louis Park today. I saw an old friend from college a few weeks back at a networking event, so we decided to have lunch together. This restaurant was delicious, gourmet food at reasonable prices. I had a chopped salad & even though it was served in a gigantic bowl...I could have finished it all. Yum.


It was fun to catch up and learn about all the life happenings since we graduated in '06. I can't believe it's already been almost 4 years. Wow, I really must be in the 'working woman' category now. I'm not a kid anymore.
Isn't it strange the different paths people take? Some people will graduate college and find a job they love...stay there for years. Others will get laid off or realize their 4 years of dedication might have been to the wrong subject. Some will go back to school to pursue their passions if they got it wrong the first time. I guess I'm somewhere in between. I loved my major: Communication Studies. I like what I do everyday. I am not madly in love with my career, but it suits me. It works. And, I am lucky to have a full-time paid position.
I've decided to vamp up my massage practice a bit more. I am going to focus on generating new business and giving 2-4 massages each week as my goal. In the winter, our slow season at work this is almost a necessity. Next step, finish up my business cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP