Monday, January 4, 2010

new.

I've been trying to keep busy and create what's going to be my 'new life' so to speak. Losing someone I devoted most of your time, energy, dreams, future and love to has made me feel like someone took a shotgun and blew a hole through me.

To get better, I've been keeping busy. To brighten my days I have:

-Joined Lifetime Fitness and worked out almost everyday
-Had a craft session at my sister Krista's
-Cleaned/organized my house
-Seen Avatar w/ Laura
-Kept a Journal
-Started reading 'Conversations with God'...a good book with lots of wisdom.
-Taken a hot bath w/ a glass of red wine
-Curled up and slept on the couch almost every night next to a big heater. My bedroom just feels wrong.
-Planned an evening with Jenni to eat stew & watch movies tonight
-Dreamed about my new life and what's in store for 2010.

I can't say I'm feeling good. I teeter every moment between feeling mediocre (which I wish for) and feeling completely lost and hopeless. Isn't love amazing that way? The power it holds over you? It can be such a beautiful and destructive thing.
Well. I think that's enough whiny-ness for one post. Are you feeling blue now too? I'm sorry, I promise I'll be back as soon as I feel alive again.

A good quote: "The walls we build around ourselves to keep sadness out, also keeps out the joy".

1 comment:

  1. Robyn,
    Your new life will soon feel like an old comfy quilt...surround yourself by good friends, loving family, and positive surroundings. You are doing great!
    sending many warm hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Back to TOP