
Today I had First Aid & CPR class from 8am-5pm. Long day! I can now handle most emergency situations, administer first aid & cpr, and use an AED to shock the heart back into pumping.
After class I rushed home to change, re-do my make-up and head to my 2 weddings. They were both fine, with the exception of both events receiving change orders that I went over w/ mgmt. All in all, no big hiccups. I left work at about 8:30pm and came home. I can't really justify doing much else than sitting on the couch after such a long day....so that's where I am.
I'm leaving at midnight for Nathan's house so we can sleep in and spend Sunday together. I'm hoping to go for a long walk together, hit up Heartbreakers for some fall clothes I need, and I really want to make cookies for his neighbor Dick (a really cute elderly man down the block who just lost his wife of 60 years). I met him last week while he was walking his dog & we ended up talking for about 10 minutes outside of Nathan's: about life, marriage, the adventures with his wife in Denmark, kids, and how much he misses her everyday. I gave him a big hug after we were done talking. It must be hard to be alone after loving and spending each day with someone for 60 years.
We will probably plan some more Bou Bash tomorrow too, we have lost of decor ideas to get started on! I got an inflatable 4 man joust (American gladiator style) for the party. It's going to be awesome!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment