Thursday, September 24, 2009

Twin Cities Marathon


Sunday October 4th, 2009 is the Twin Cities Marathon. It won't be me racing! Did I scare you with the title? No way.

I will be working at the CenterPoint School of Massage & Shiatsu Volunteer Booth. We will be giving runners massages as they cross the finish line. Between 30 students, we massaged over 700 people last year & it will be the same next year! Each person receives a 10 minute massage.

Yesterday I had training for specifics on what kind of massage will we offer the runners. Mainly compression to stop muscle spasms, relaxation holds & stretches, and general effluerage techniques. It sounds like a TON of work but a great experience nonetheless. Normally, this would be something I'd be afraid to sign up for, so I'll be out of my comfort zone which is important to do in order to grow.

I'm finishing up work and heading to Pathology for a quiz. Oh Joy. Class is 5 days a week this week...I need a vacation! I am definitely taking one after school is done on Dec. 19th.

I have my first Student Clinic tomorrow. I am a little nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP