at a loss for an incredibly insightful post today...
I thought I'd shaire with you a few of my favorite things.
I love making ‘to do’ lists.
I just love getting a fresh piece of paper and transferring all the little things that pop into my mind onto paper. It frees of space, because if you know me…you know I have the worst memory. I can’t remember conversations…stories….and details most of the time. Sometimes I think this is early on-set Alzheimer's. Lists are my friend.
I love organizing my house.
I am constantly moving and re-arranging things in my house. There is always an improvement project in the works, whether it ever gets done or not. My dad comes over to help me with most things, and he actually makes the improvements I think up most of the time. My favorite thing to do is get new storage boxes or hide-away clutter. I love clean lines and beautiful objects around me. Bulging drawers or cluttered shelves drive me bonkers.
I just love getting a fresh piece of paper and transferring all the little things that pop into my mind onto paper. It frees of space, because if you know me…you know I have the worst memory. I can’t remember conversations…stories….and details most of the time. Sometimes I think this is early on-set Alzheimer's. Lists are my friend.
I love organizing my house.
I am constantly moving and re-arranging things in my house. There is always an improvement project in the works, whether it ever gets done or not. My dad comes over to help me with most things, and he actually makes the improvements I think up most of the time. My favorite thing to do is get new storage boxes or hide-away clutter. I love clean lines and beautiful objects around me. Bulging drawers or cluttered shelves drive me bonkers.
I love reading blogs.
This is a fairly new obsession and should be categorized as such. I didn’t get into this until 2 months ago or so. It started with 1 blog and has spanned to many more. Now, I have each blog I read saved under ‘favorites’ and I spend a good portion of the day going to each for a visit. My favorite are design blogs. Décor8, This Young House, & Sara Norris Photography.
I love doing new crafty projects for my house.
Again, a new obsession..caused by the design blogs. There is a special sensation and satisfaction I get from creating something with my hands. I love painting abstract art, learning how to sew if required by the project, or anything that inspires me. Right now I’m getting geared up to start a bird mobile as seen here on Design Sponge: http://www.designspongeonline.com/2008/07/diy-idea-bird-mobile.html
I love reading fantasy books.
Harry Potter, Twilight, Lord of the Rings type stuff. My new obsession is the Mists of Avalon.
I love hip-hop.
Again, a new obsession..caused by the design blogs. There is a special sensation and satisfaction I get from creating something with my hands. I love painting abstract art, learning how to sew if required by the project, or anything that inspires me. Right now I’m getting geared up to start a bird mobile as seen here on Design Sponge: http://www.designspongeonline.com/2008/07/diy-idea-bird-mobile.html
I love reading fantasy books.
Harry Potter, Twilight, Lord of the Rings type stuff. My new obsession is the Mists of Avalon.
I love hip-hop.
This is a no-brainer if you know me. Give me the dirtiest rap song, chances are I know the words by heart.
I love 107.1 Talk Radio.
My sister once said you know you are getting older when you switch from 101.3 to talk radio. I do it because it calms me down. I don’t always need to be jazzed up listening to hip-hop. I think talk radio is comforting. I love Dr. Joy Brown and her therapy sessions late at night.
My sister once said you know you are getting older when you switch from 101.3 to talk radio. I do it because it calms me down. I don’t always need to be jazzed up listening to hip-hop. I think talk radio is comforting. I love Dr. Joy Brown and her therapy sessions late at night.
I love being busy.
If I’m all done cleaning my house and don’t have plans, my toe is tapping and I’m looking all over for my next project. I will always find something to do, and hanging out on the couch is hard to do for more than 1 hour.
I love spending a weekday morning doing my make-up and hair for a long time.
I love experimenting with new colors of eye-shadow, doing weird things with my hair, and putting on funky outfits. It’s almost like my true self that has been pent up in basic make-up and black work pants all week wants to get out.
I love food.
I am always eating, sipping or thinking about food. I just love it. I grew up on macaroni and cheese boxed dinners not knowing what amazing food was ‘out there’. So, after I left the nest I had no idea what amazing food I was missing out on! Now that I have found a new love for trying out cooking, I am enjoying it that much more. My new favorite find: Gruyere cheese.
Lots of loves.


girl! we have a lot of similarities!
ReplyDeleteWe have lots of the same loves! I'm not big on hip-hop, hate talk radio and am iffy about fantasy, but everything else is spot on. :) I mean, it figures since we have the same name AND middle name, right???
ReplyDelete