
Hmm, maybe I should change that title to "mission: organization follow-through!" I follow so many great design blogs, own great design books, and even get my monthly magazine from Martha Stewart Living, so there is no lack of inspiration in my design world.My problem? I lack the ability to see the whole picture and put it into action in my space. I buy an item here and there and it tends to get in the way once I get it home…or doesn’t create that cohesive look I’m going for. My trips through IKEA leave me simply wishing that I could take their idea and paste it into my space, rather than buy an item and hope it transforms the room.
But today I have my mission: visit The Container Store and get a recycling system in place. I need recycling bins for:-plastic
-aluminum
-glass
-paper
-lids
I recently learned that lids of bottled waters, peanut butter, any kind of plastic lid…does not get recycled in the normal plastic category. Too many plastic lids does something called ‘contaminating the load’, meaning lids can make recycling crews actually throw everything into the trash instead.
Recycling Etiquette 101 courtesy of http://www.recycling-guide.org/:
Recycling Etiquette 101 courtesy of http://www.recycling-guide.org/:
“Plastic caps are often made from a different polymer type, and therefore have a different melting point when compared to the plastic used for the bottle itself. Too many lids will contaminate the load, so remove and throw away plastic caps where possible. The plastic ring around the neck of the bottle can be left on - a minimal amount of contamination is tolerated.”
I have limited space and a budget of $40 or so for this project. So tonight I am hoping my 1st trip to The Container store helps me create a space-effective and inexpensive storage system for my recycling!
Above are some spaces I love from their "Inspirational Spaces", can I copy paste you into my house pretty please?

No comments:
Post a Comment