Monday, November 2, 2009

Bou Bash 2009!

Nathan & I in un-planned, yet semi-matching costumes.

my girls from work: Natalie, Jenni and I.

Bou Bash 2009 was a great success! The day started off with a trip to the liquor store, Nathan went to pick-up the ice sculpture from Ice Occasions, and I went to MAC to get my make-up done. Unfortunately, there was a long waiting list and a $50 product minimum, but I did it anyway. You can't beat their skills! I got some thick fake eyelashes, they are so much fun.

The party started at 8pm and we had a great turn-out. I loved the Bou Bash Ice Sculpture, it turned out great. Nathan was gigantic in his Stay Puft Marshmallow Man costume. It was pretty hilarious. One of the funniest moments was the choreographed Thriller dance that Sammy, Laura and Tobi put on. Awesome. A neighbor also had the most outrageous red wine spill I had ever seen, she must have collided with another person...because it was scattered throughout a 5 foot radius. Thank goodness Nathan needed to replace his carpet anyway (and thankfully, didn't complete that task before the party). Junita won best costume, she was a 'Wisk', with Marit coming in at 2nd place with her Lady Gaga costume.

I had a great time with everyone and I think people really enjoyed themselves. Thank you to everyone who drove all the way to Orono to enjoy Halloween with us!

Mintahoe Ladies

I paid for my over-use of Honey Weiss with a final hurah, passing out in the closet. I didn't want anyone to see me being a party pooper I guess. I slept for 15 hours and only woke up to drink water, eat and throw up once. Oh yes, gross city. I had a raging headache for 24 hours. I guess it's living proof that I am getting older. Nathan cleaned up the entire house without my help, poor guy. We watched the Vikings game and then I slept again for another 8 hours. Woah.

Today I am still feeling a little under the weather, but I have my peppermint tea at my side which helps.

Nathan's radio buds: Lady Gaga, Beer Maiden, and Peg Bundy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP