Monday, November 9, 2009

yard work city.



This weekend was busy with required tasks of adulthood. I had clinic on Friday night as well as Saturday morning. I noticed my body posture has been kind of hunched when I'm giving massages (because it's sometimes easier) and it's doing a number on my lower back. I guess cheating never pays off does it?

I got a massage of my own after I was done on Saturday and it made a world of difference. So, after that I decided to ruin my body recovery progress by going home to bag leaves *dun dun dun*. This has to be my least favorite chore of Fall home ownership. I have a 100 year old tree in my front yard that provides shade for my entire front yard and 1/2 the house. Huge. I got outside to start raking and the thought ran through my mind "this sucks, I can't imagine how long it's going to take with just me.". These are the times that I wish I had a husband to pass this chore onto. No offense, but sometimes stereotypical gender roles become understood to me. Yah, duh I'd rather make an apple pie or scrub a toilet or burp a baby instead. Anything but raking those leaves!!

I raked up about 5 bags, ran out of bags and stopped for the night. My parents came over on Sunday morning to help me with the rest. My mom was nice enough to rake my backyard leaves into the perennials flower beds, to keep them protected this winter. My neighbors had taken it upon themselves to rake the leaves that had fallen in their yard into my own, just precisely over my property line. This alarmed me, because usually my neighbors are really nice and help me out all the time. Guess they hate this chore too. Enough about leaves, Dave and I got a total of 15 bags or so and were done!

We also cut trees back by my garage that were more like weed-trees...ugly and overgrowing. He helped me bundle them and I realized that these kinds of annoying home-owner tasks are much better when you have someone else suffering through them with you. While cutting the brush, my dad found a knife. A green beret to be exact, and he knew exactly what it was (he's a Vietnam vet). I just hope it wasn't discarded after a break-in, or worse...a murder. I mean, how many people just casually misplace/drop a knife in someone's yard? Not many.



My mom made us a great lunch and Dave finished up the day with repairing a plaster wall that was broken as I completely re-haul organized my basement. I put together a shelving unit all by myself. :)
All of our massage classmates were supposed to get together at Broadway on Sunday night for Pizza. Well, everyone bailed except for Vance (who planned it), Karen and myself. We had fun talking and catching up. I went home and watched some of Weeds (season 4). Such a great show...messed up as all hell...but still great.
Tonight I have a bunch of appointments until late, at least 7:30pm. Then I'm going to Nathan's to hopefully relax.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP