Tuesday, November 17, 2009

tuesday.


I haven't writte for a few days. Mostly because I was annoyed that I didn't have any pictures up recently of my excursions. I can't get my internet at home to work and download my pics to shutterfly. So, I sometimes feel blogs are very boring without pictures of those that write them. So, I hope to get that up and running soon

I had such a great weekend of relaxation. I love my step-dad Dave for fixing so many things around my house. He came over on Sunday to repair 2 walls of old-fashioned plaster (my house is ancient and replacing the whole wall was WAY too much work), fixed the ceiling light that was broken for 6 mos. in my living room, fixed my mini-nightlight house lamp (again broken for about 6 mos), and hung up an organizer thingy that had fallen from my poor nailing skills. Yay!

Yesterday I had some friends over for wine, cheese and fondue last night. Most of the talk was about brand new relationships and the butterfly-stage, clothes, showed pictures of weird model poses and stuff...and I felt almost too distant and disconnected from the topics it to be interested and involved in the conversation. Is that totally weird? I kinda felt like the old-maid of the group. I guess everyone is in a different path and pace in life. I was also feeling a little selfish because when I got updated on my good friends life, her friend came over and was told all the same stories all over again. Meh.

I guess there is a part of me that wishes that I was in a butterfly-stage (although they don't last), was thin enough to have my pictures taken by a pro photographer while I pose, have the latest fashions...etc...I know that. There is also a part of me that has found my life has grown beyond my wardrobe, my body-type and the occasional man who can look at me in a way that makes me feel like a million bucks because I define myself through how he may (or may not) value me.

I have been in all these places both superficial and deep in my life and have teetered back and forth between wisdom and being naive. I guess yesterday, I just felt like a wise old turtle and was about to snap a finger with my beek. haha.


On another topic: Tonight I am presenting a client case study and a topic of my choice in class. I chose the topic of Plantar Fasciitis & Massage. It is a condition where the fascia on the bottom of your foot gets small tears caused by over-use most commonly. It's exteremly painful and can be tough to get rid of, but massage is a GREAT way to do it! I am presenting how it ocurs, what's involved and how you can help with different massage techniques that I'm going to demonstrate. Keep in mind, I completed all of this in about 2 hours, largely online.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP