In one moment, my world seemed to blur and fall around me. There was no discussion, no rationalizing or communicating. His decision was made. It was over, just like that. I lost the man I love.
So, what can you really say goes through you at that moment? Too many painful, ripping things to list. The kind of feelings that make you want to fall to your knees. Heartbreak creates a pain inside me that is worse than anything I've felt in my life.
I've needed my friends every waking moment since it's happened. Thank you to all of the girls who are there for me. I've really seen how much you love me in the last couple of days, it's been so amazing to feel that connection and support from you. Thank you.
My friend Sarah sent me this quote:
"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is.
Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Love is roots that grow towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom fall from our branches we find that we are one tree and not two." -St. Augustine
This quote is so beautiful and full of the raw truth of love. My roots were intertwined, but maybe his were not. Maybe they were, but I couldn't feel it. Either way, I deserve a life with someone who happily intertwines their life with mine, and sees all my good and bad and loves me for all of it openly.
Right now, I'm broken.


Oh, Robyn...I'm so sorry to hear that :(
ReplyDeletesending you warm loving hugs, and patience to wait long enough to heal yourself.
You're not broken my dear, you have had a mere hairline fracture that is only one of many throughout your lifetime...At the end of it we are all like old teacups with all the lines in them that we all admire...it makes us stronger, teaches us, gives us character and a story to tell...
much love xx
Robyn, I'm so sorry to hear about this! :o( I'm so sorry that you're hurting. If there's anything I can do, even from the blogosphere, please don't be shy to ask. Sending good thoughts, prayers and energy your way . . .
ReplyDelete<3,
Robyn.
Robyn my heart is breaking for you, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I hope you can find some hope and comfort during this time of pain. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!
ReplyDelete