Last week I had a sick day. I was home from work for the first time in 3 years of working full-time. I guess that makes me a pretty tough cookie, or a stubborn one.
Because I have trouble sitting still (sick or not) I decided to work on hand-made Christmas gifts for my girlfriends.
I recently made my own letter monogram project with great success, so I decided to make some more as my gift this year. I had so much fun. I used 2 different fabrics -white with polka dot for the background & a fun print for the letters. I bought a great fabric scissors to cut the fabric like butter!
I also found some great flat antique keys to add that 'homey' touch from Michaels Craft Store and hot glued them onto the fabric. This symbolizes their home & their last name. It was the perfect project becauase many of my friends are enjoying their 1st home.
I did the projects on a mini ironing board from Target right in my living room. In about 1 hour, I was done with 5 of them!





Don't these people read your blog? You are spoiling the surprise!
ReplyDeleteI don't keep secrets very well when I'm excited. :)
ReplyDeleteRobyn these are gorgeous! I wish I was on your Christmas gift list :) xx
ReplyDeleteI love these! What a great idea for a housewarming gift as well.
ReplyDeleteLove these!! Can you please tell me which department in Michael's you found the keys?
ReplyDeleteHi Scarlet,
ReplyDeleteI actually found them on an island station (not down an actual aisle) just hanging there. They were right near the scrapbooking sticker aisle. They are metal, but totally flat...so I'm sure they were made for scrapbooking. Good luck! :) I have a little tutorial on how to make the pictures at: http://razzlerobyn.blogspot.com/2009/11/word-monogram-craftiness-project.html