el gigantic salmon at il gato restaurant.It seems like with the busy-ness of the holidays I'm feeling a little lost. There is so much to get ready, buy, and prepare for. This week I feel a little glazed over. My shopping is complete except for one person or so, which is far better then my track record of frantic Christmas Eve 'drop a hundo because there are no good deals' shopping the past few years.
Last night Nathan and I got together with Elke & her husband Willie who are in town from Eerie Pennsylvania. It was really nice to see them again -they moved from MN in June 2009. We enjoyed a yummy dinner at Chang Mai Thai and went to Il Gata for a drink.
As you may notice from my recent pictures, I have been wearing my glasses non-stop. I ran out of contacts about 2 weeks ago. I was so excited that our restaurant last night was next door to my Vision World, so I popped in and requested my contact brand. No dice, I am scheduled for an eye exam.
The clerk actually said 'Giving you contacts is like handing out Vicadin without a prescription'. Oh really? Isn't it more dangerous for me to blind-side a pedestrian because of my nearsightedness? I know he was doing his job, so I shut up after a little whimpering. The thing is, I can't stand glasses...they fall down, make me look too studious, and truly I only wear them when I really feel like looking A. Smart B. Not Sexy.
Tonight Elke, Carly and I are having a night of gluten-free food (Carly has Celiacs), Sangria, and good girly conversation. I can't wait! I have tastings to finish up at work then I'm stopping at home to bring my semi-homemade bon bons and red wine to Carly's.
Here are some pictures of yesterday's night out.
Carly, Elke, Me & Tiff
Elke & I


No comments:
Post a Comment