Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Balance.


Lately, I've had some conversations with people about balance in our lives. Namely, how do you succeed in each sector of your life to the point where you'd classify yourself as 'really good' at that respective thing? Is it possible to have successful balance in your life?


Career, Family, Friends, Children, Partnership, Home, Finances, Mental Health, Organization, Physical, Goals, Spirituality/Religion, Appearance/Image, Recreation, & Hobbies.

If you're anything like me you are usually focused on 1-3 areas of your life that get most of your attention and you divide your extra time between the other areas as best you can. You feel really good about a couple areas & feel like you wish you were better at the rest. Lately, I feel really good about physical well-being, spirituality, and setting goals for myself. The areas that are lagging: partnership, hobbies, and finances. Each week, I try to schedule in my planner at least 2 activities for each area that will help bring me closer to my goal of balance...

Lately, I'm enjoying following where my heart, mind and body want to take me. It's spontaneous and exhilarating...sometimes scary because of the unknown. But, there is so much possibility in the unknown...and I feel like it's just waiting in anticipation to be created with your paintbrush. :)

How do you create a successful balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP