Each week, we'd have a meeting on Friday. Part of the meeting: 'Success & Survival'...when we would name 1 success from the week and 1 thing we survived.
This inspired my entry today:
Success: Laughed one of my first belly laughs in the past month going out to lunch with Jenni & Natalie at Noodles & Company today. Thanks ladies. Happy Birthday Natalie!
Survival: Got a call from my friend who told me that my first love (from age 16-18) added her as a friend on facebook and he is engaged. I hadn't seen him since the day he broke up with me, Thanksgiving my freshman year in college. What is with me and holiday break-ups? (to date: Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas).
Success: He's 50 pounds heavier than when I knew him. *insert sinister giggle here*
Survival: I spent too much money at Kohls. I swear I meant to only buy work-out shoes! But hey, I never shop.
Success: Got some killer sneakers, new socks, a cool blazer, workout pants and a nice blouse for work.
Survival: Driving by all the places Nathan and I hung out, because they're EVERYWHERE. Dammit!
Success: Re-Claiming new places for myself that we never went to: Lifetime, Coopers, CRAVE, the entire West End that's opening up near my house. My new Caribou Coffee. :)
Success: Hip Hop Class is tonight and I get to rock my new sneakers! -Previously, I had been wearing a size too big for me hand-me-downs from my college roommate.
Simple stuff in life is sometimes the best. Have a great Wednesday!

You've had more "successes" than "survivals" - not such a bad week, eh? :o) P.S. Your commitment to fitness is inspiring. I'm seriously lacking in motivation and it really perks me up to see how enthusiastic you are about it - it's contagious! :o)
ReplyDelete