Thursday, February 25, 2010

me. me! me?

It seems like the single life can make you feel, well, selfish. I mean, I don't remember the last time I completely focused all of my energy on improving myself and learning to love myself. Why does it feel so weird?

Now, that's all I do. I guess that's what I'm supposed to do? People tell me "Enjoy this time to yourself" or "Use this time as a way to focus on yourself". It seems to be what people do when they're not loving somebody.

So, in true form tonight I'm going to spoil myself with a new hairstyle and color. Let me tell you, finding a new salon is rough! I called around and didn't find one place under $100 for a cut and color. Wow. I picked Regis, which is the place I went to in college up in St. Cloud. What idea am I going in with? Nada. I got nothin'. Maybe some red highlights? No idea. I'll let them use their creativity. Pure trust.

Thought for the day: Funny that all that love we give someone else actually can make us feel more whole than loving ourselves alone. We all know that we should feel complete on our own before ever loving someone else right? We want to reach that: 'I'm single, fabulous, happy and loving it!' stage. I'm so much closer than I would have expected at this point to reaching that place. Maybe that haircut will help...

ha!

1 comment:

  1. I think it feels weird because it's a habit that's easy to fall out of when we focus on other people. Think of it as preparation for the days when you'll have a husband, kids and a million things demanding your attention - learning now to take the time to pause and breathe just for yourself, to take a moment to quiet your mind/heart, to take CARE of yourself . . . it's practice for when you're going to have to find a way to juggle it with everything else.

    ReplyDelete

Back to TOP