Saturday, February 20, 2010

i'm home!


Arrived home from Sanibel Florida yesterday. My amazing co-worker Jenni was nice enough to pick me up from the airport and hike my butt all the way across town to my car. ;)

This trip to Sanibel made me feel like I'm part of a big, cool family. It's always been just my mom and I and so holidays are small. There's beauty in that too. This was different, we were like a force to be reckoned with at the kiddie pool! With all of my cousins kids around, the vibe was so fun.

It's amazing how everyone's lives have changed just in the last 10 years. My cousins who are an average of 10 yrs older than me have grown up and made families of their own. I'll never forget being so jealous of them going out late at night when they were 18 yrs. old to the Grand Mille Lacs Casino & I had to stay at the cabin and go to sleep at 8:30pm with Grandma. I always wanted to be a big kid like them. Now, it's nice to be grown up and able to hang with them. Great times that I'll never forget!

I brought home some great shells from my shelling excursion on the last morning. I'm trying to think up a creative plan for them. More to come.

2 issues: Unfortunately, I slacked on taking pictures. The pictures I did take won't transfer to my computer so the electronic challenges continue. Is something always malfunctioning?! Sometimes I think technology is more trouble than it's worth. A pen and paper never fail me. The other issue, I left my TCF Visa at the Coconuts bar and realized it at the airport. II closed out a bill and they forgot to give me my card back with my signature receipt. Shoot. Thankfully, one call this morning and they are mailing it to me. Nice. Trips just aren't trips without something goofy like that happening, right?

It's so nice to be home. Today I gave my step-dad Dave a 1 hour massage (his birthday present) and relaxed while listening to Pandora slow jams and organizing myself from the trip.

Last night I had a date (if you can call it that -stay with me) with Mike. We played the board game Catan (a strategy game) and he performed a couple songs -including a rap he wrote for his students. It was hilarious. I have a great time with him and I've never laughed that much. But, we only hung out for a couple hours because he had plans to go downtown with his cousin. Did I get double-booked? I gave him crap that he probably was heading to his 2nd date of the night. Let's hope not.

After that shortie date, I left for a going-away party for a couple friends all the way up in Rogers. Great great of South Africans, lots of fun.

It's been a busy 24 hours back!

Tonight I'm going to the new thriller 'Shutter Island' with a friend. Tomorrow it's another Wedding Show (hella wedding shows in the MN Winter...woah).

Happy to be home!

xoxo-

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! I'm so glad. :o)

    Hope your re-entry into life isn't too tough -- vacations (especially good ones) are soooooooooooooooo hard to come back from!

    ReplyDelete

Back to TOP