the book.I'm starting a new creative endeavor:
Cooking my way through my family recipe book!
This recipe book was given to me by my Aunts Judy and Zoe (my dad's sisters). The book was inspired by my Great Grandmother Adelaine Zoe Olivier Salmon (1876-1962) and includes her recipes as well as recipes from other women in the family (grandma adelaine, zoe, judy, bea, jess, etc).
my family, 2007 (aitkin mn)I was so excited to try recipes in this book but somehow it ended up on the book shelf and I haven't tried any. While in Sanibel I mentioned to Kristina that it might be fun to cook our way through the recipe book, 'Julie & Julia' style. Sure, who wouldn't want to make Jellied Veal? I know I would (and will)! So, we are completing this project together. She, from her kitchen in New York. Me, from mine in Minneapolis.
So, here's the run-down:
-108 recipes total
-1-2 recipes a week will be completed until we get all the way through
So we can help give each other tips:
-Kristina is working from the front to the back of the book
-Robyn is working from back to front
I'll blog about my progress through the life and times of everything from cocoa cake to sausage cheese balls. Yumm-o.
Why Adelbyntina for the name of the project? It's my grandma Adelaine's name mixed with the end of 'robyn' - 'byn' and the end of Kristina 'ina'. Doesn't it sound kind of fun? My future first daughter's name perhaps? Ha, ok. just kidding.
The project starts tomorrow with my first mission: Garden Vegetable Soup.
hmm, we'll see how this goes...


What a fun project!!! I can't wait to see what this turns out. Cooking is so much fun. :o)
ReplyDeleteYIPEE!! I'm so excited. I stand by my earlier comment that the veggie soup is not my mother's recipe. Don't know how it got in there!! It looks yummy though.
ReplyDeleteHow cool is that!? I can't wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDeleteJellied veal? :(
Cocoa cake :)
Thank you for taking us along on such an exciting endeavour. xox
Thanks for coming along with my on my random adventures ladies! :) I'm excied to share them with you! This will be fun.
ReplyDeletethat's so cool! good luck with your project :)
ReplyDelete