After a nice long weekend, my schedule is busy again. Yesterday, I worked at the office, then headed to an event until 5:45pm. I wanted to make Nathan dinner, but I had to be home for Pete's private investigator coming by for an interview. Pete is applying for a customs border patrol position. So, I rushed from work to Nathan's to pick up Dixie, brought her to my house, cleaned up, got interviewed about whether Pete was involved with terrorists, picked up Nathan after his gala concert welcome.
By then, it was too late to get to Cub and get dinner/s'more stuff like I planned. I sat back for a second once Nathan got there and truly realized that my life is kind of out of control. Nathan was talking about a book he read up at his cabin this weekend called 'Ask and it is Given'. Essentially a spiritual, life imporvement kind of book that I love. The main message was that life is supposed to be fun. As in, WE humans are supposed to be ENJOYING OURSELVES...most of the time! I tried to think of what percentage of my day is enjoyable and not feeling forced or mandated. I would say it's about 5%. That is so sad to realize.
My job, massage school, coupled with the weighing responsibilities of a mortgage and home to take care of are really the big things that stress me out. And, my job takes up about 80% of my time...my entire 9-5pm+ each weekday, plus another 8-10 hours on the weekends. But, I am not really compensated for it properly. As I get older and wiser, that's starting to not be okay with me. I'm fine with working more hours if I receive extra pay. Ok, so that has been vented.
So instead of making dinner, Nathan and I ate Cowboy Slim's in Uptown (standard bar food) then went to 'Angels & Demons' starring Tom Hanks at the Lagoon Theater. Good flick, lots of suspense and a thick plot line. I recommend it! If you are expecting to see demons however, no luck...it looks scarier on the previews than it is.
Tonight I have class until 10pm then I'm headed home to start the same book Nathan read to get a little inspration. I am so excited for tomorrow! I scheduled an over-the-phone psychic reading with a guy that Catherine recommended. Hoping to get some clarity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment