So, this weekend was Elke's wedding!!!! We have had wedding-related activities since Wednesday and I was so excited that the day was finally here! Friday morning, Elke, Ingrid Sina, Helene and Katie came over to my house to meet up and head to Kohler & Dramm, a wholesale florist. It's not open to the public, but my company has a corporate account there. We walked in and WOW! It smelled amazing and flowers were everywhere. I am including some pictures in this post. Elke got 30 stems of white tulips for her main flower and then a bunch of accent bouquets. We all went a little crazy and checked out all of the coolers.
After that, we headed to Event Lab to get the midnight blue pintuck runners, my wedding gift to Elke. After that, we were officially on the road to Red Wing! Once I was in-town I made a bee-line to Target to get hair dye, black! Sorry Best Western, for ruining those 2 towels with dye. I died my hair right before I left the rehearsal at Frontenac. After that, we headed for the grooms dinner.
The Grooms Dinner was held in the Victorian Room of the St. James Hotel. They served a beautiful plated meal and had a sundae bar for dessert. Awesome! Carly made a really nice slide show for Elke and Willie.
That night, we enjoyed some drinks at Jimmy's Pub in the St. James and I also went to Andy's Bar later that evening. We were in bed by 11:30pm because Nathan had to head to work at 5am! It was really a blessing though, because the next day almost everyone I talked to had stayed out late (3am) and was hung over.
The morning of the wedding, Janessa helped me do my hair, I put on my dress & went down to the St. James lobby for wedding party pictures. Elke came down the stairs to greet Willie and she looked AMAZING! It was so funny taking pictures in the park across the street, the same place that Elke and I took pictures for Prom 2000. Weird! We relaxed after pictures and Elke called me frantically because she had forgotten to pick up her wedding cake at Econo foods. I was so surprised that she had assigned herself to this task. haha. I went to get them & hurried with 2 other bridesmaids in my car to Frontenac.


The ceremony was beautiful (FREEZING!) but beautiful. It was held right outside the main golf club. After the ceremony, we rode around in golf carts stocked with beer and wine. Awesome wedding addition Elke! It was a blast. Then, we headed inside for dinner. I must say, Frontenac had AWESOME food. It was delicious. The best pork I'd ever had with an incredible lasagna. It was such a flawless wedding! I loved it. Elke's guardian dad Pete has a band & they played all night. It was their wedding gift to Elke. We had a great time & at the end of the night shuttles took people back to their hotels.
Nathan was such a trooper this weekend, driving to and from work in between all the fun. It was so nice to have him there with me & enjoy some fun times together.
We all went to Andy's and did some major karaoke. Total bar take-over! The next day, Elke hosted a brunch at the Isaac Walton League, LuAnn did all the amazing food and looking around the room you could tell everyone was in need of a long nap. Great laughs, great new friends, and a great wedding weekend!







No comments:
Post a Comment