Thursday, May 7, 2009

Seis De Mayo!







What a great day yesterday! I had a short workday because Jenni, Natalie and I went to the Red Letter Wedding Day 'Seis De Mayo' event hosted by BayView Event Center in Excelsior. We were right on Lake Minnetonka and it was a beautiful, sunny day. Made me wish I worked right on the water! We were offered complimentary Mojito or Margaritas at the bar and took our drinks to the outdoor patio to enjoy. As you arrived, you were given a small bag filled with 5 beans for the 'No' game. You could steal a person's bean if they said the word 'No' or 'Know'. The person with the most beans won a St. Croix Vineyards Winery tour, bottle of wine, wine sampling. A gondola ride on the river for 2, 2 Hawaiian massages, a hotel stay for two...etc.

I heard about that prize and decided I was going to compete! I started to simply ask for people's beans. After I pooled my beans with Jules who had a ton, I thought I had the grand prize for sure! We both had about 35 each. I didn't stop and continued until Matt Rush called it at 6pm. John from Carlson Towers and I went up to the dance floor to have our beans counted. John had 87 beans...and I....had 81!!!! So close....but I lost. :(

I was actually really bummed because I wanted to surprise Nathan with something really fun to do together....a mini vacation almost. The good news? I won a business card drawing for a $50/gift card to Barrio, a cool new Tequila Bar on the Nicollet Mall. Then, as a 2nd place prize, they gave me another one! So, $100 in gift cards to a restaurant isn't bad!!

I headed over to Theresa's house to pick up the curtains she hemmed for me! She hemmed not only my living room curtains, but also my bathroom ones! What a life saver. They look great...and I'm so thankful to have such a resourceful friend. We called her 'Mama T' in college, and this why ladies and gentlemen. She's live Martha Stewert meets Macgyver. She is amazing...

After T's house I set out to Elke's pre-wedding dinner at Chino Latino. Her friends Ingrid Sina and Helene came all the way from Norway to attend her wedding on Saturday. Lauren, her roomie from college came all the way from Alaska. So, we had a group of girls out for drinks. Willie brought some of his groomsmen and their girlfriends and we took a big group to Bar Abiline. I talked a lot with Lauren, and heard her wilderness stories of living in the true tundra that is Alaska. It sounds beautiful & I hope to make it there someday very close in the future. I saw how happy Elke is and it made me smile. Willie was equally excited too! They were both glowing.

Tonight is another pre-wedding celebration, being held at Carly's house in South Minneapolis. She is hosting a taco/bon fire night. I have class until 10pm, then I am heading over! I'm very excited for all the fun to come this weekend. I booked 2 nights at the Best Western in Red Wing (they allow dogs), so Nathan and I will be bringing Dixie. Susan has so graciously offered her puppy-sitting help on Saturday (while Nathan works in the Cities and I do bridesmaid-related things). This will be the first time I've been a bridesmaid! I am so excited! Did I mention that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP