Friday, May 1, 2009

Freedom! Kind of...

This week has given me such a taste for freedom! Having class off for the last 2 weeks helped me remember that I used to have a little more wiggle room! I am so excited to be in my last class term (I have one term after this...but it will be a lot of hands-on clinic).

I took Monday off from work (because I worked almost 2 weeks straight). I took little Dixie to the Minnehaha dog park. It was a blast! She had never been off the leash to run & she was loving it! We ran into a pack of labs that intimidated her a bit, but after that first encounter she was still brave and ready to go! She met a really nice dog named Polic, who realized she was a puppy and played very gently with her. Dixie finally found a group of dogs that can out-run her! She also met a really nice Great Dane named Mana who was so sweet and loved Dixie.

I was kind of taking a risk bringing her there, since she didn't have her official pet license/off the leash license. I have to wait until she gets her rabies shot to apply. We escaped the law this time! Someone recommended the dog park near the airport and that it's a no-license off-the-leash park. Looking forward to finding a time to take her there with Nathan.

I bought a dress for Elke's wedding, finally! I am not totally in love with it, but it will do! It's a basic black to the knees dress. I even got 'spanks' to suck me in! I don't like shopping, so I did a brisk walk through the Mall of America from one dress store to another. I think I checked out almost every store that had dresses. The winner? Bloomingdale's...in the exact same area that I bought my senior year prom dress at Red Wing High School.

Nathan and I have been a little sick this week, fighting colds/sore throats. It has been a busy week with tastings on Tuesdays that ran late into the evening, an event yesterday and a bar mitzvah set-up with Event Lab today. Tomorrow is my big Bar Mitzvah event that we've been planning for a year with Event Lab & my client. Fingers crossed that it goes well!!

My next big mission is going to be taking on my front yard (that is a mess) and my back garden. I asked my step-dad Dave if he would like to help me. It would be a fun project to work on together this summer. If only I could find the time...

Sunday is my fun-day and I'm looking forward to it! Bethany and I are going to take Dixie out for a walk & Jenni might bring Tucker, her little golden retriever puppy too! Aw, cuteness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP