
Yesterday I had my wedding for today stop by for their outdoor rehearsal with their wedding party. I usually have nothing to do with ceremonies because they intimidate me & my job doesn't really cover that aspect. This bride didn't have her officiant present, and all of a sudden realized that I was actually helping them figure out how the ceremony should run. What side the bride should be on, when they should walk, the dad giving his daughter's hand to the groom after they hug, etc. I was so proud of myself & really surprised! Now, just hoping all that advice works out!
After the rehearsal, I headed over to Bachman's on Hwy. 55. I wasn't impressed with Home Depot's flower selection so I upgraded to Bachmans. It was awesome there! I went down the rows and rows of perennials. I had a list that I found from my research online and got WAY more flowers than I had planned. Cha ching! My favorite were the sedum flowers. They are these luscious cactus looking things. I got about 4 different kinds.
Then, I headed home, cracked a Miller Chill and headed to the backyard to plan where the new plants would go. I got too excited and then planted all of them. Next door, James and Jeffrey made a bonfire so I went over and chatted with them. It was an awesome night!
Today I woke up, planted some seeds my mom gave me. I was mad to find out they were annuals! Annuals=one blooming season only. I think only rich people can afford re-planting flowers year after year. Nathan, Mom and Dave helped me re-do my front yard last year and because it slopes, much of the work we did slid right off into the sidewalk...exposing the plastic lining to keep weeds out. So, I put more cedar chips on to cover up the plastic!
Theresa and I are going to grade it down and add more rocks. Tons of work to be done tomorrow! We have about 40 beers to cushion the blow! Ha! Can't wait to see what flowers the Farmers Market has. Now that I have a lot of plants, I need some big colorful blooming flowers!
About to start getting ready for my wedding proposal meeting and 2 weddings today! Have a great Saturday!
After the rehearsal, I headed over to Bachman's on Hwy. 55. I wasn't impressed with Home Depot's flower selection so I upgraded to Bachmans. It was awesome there! I went down the rows and rows of perennials. I had a list that I found from my research online and got WAY more flowers than I had planned. Cha ching! My favorite were the sedum flowers. They are these luscious cactus looking things. I got about 4 different kinds.
Then, I headed home, cracked a Miller Chill and headed to the backyard to plan where the new plants would go. I got too excited and then planted all of them. Next door, James and Jeffrey made a bonfire so I went over and chatted with them. It was an awesome night!
Today I woke up, planted some seeds my mom gave me. I was mad to find out they were annuals! Annuals=one blooming season only. I think only rich people can afford re-planting flowers year after year. Nathan, Mom and Dave helped me re-do my front yard last year and because it slopes, much of the work we did slid right off into the sidewalk...exposing the plastic lining to keep weeds out. So, I put more cedar chips on to cover up the plastic!
Theresa and I are going to grade it down and add more rocks. Tons of work to be done tomorrow! We have about 40 beers to cushion the blow! Ha! Can't wait to see what flowers the Farmers Market has. Now that I have a lot of plants, I need some big colorful blooming flowers!
About to start getting ready for my wedding proposal meeting and 2 weddings today! Have a great Saturday!

No comments:
Post a Comment