Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mr. Horvat

On Monday I received some very sad and unexpected news from my good friend Susan. Her father, Kevin Horvat passed away on Monday morning. He had been struggling with Parkinsons disease and committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning.

All I felt was disbelief and a deep sadness while she told me the news on the phone. I know she was in shock about it too. I can't imagine what hs wife Linnea, and their 3 children Dan-Man, Brian and Sus are feeling. My thoughts are with all of you during this extremely difficult time.

Truly one of the most giving and loving families in Red Wing. I had Mr. Horvat for Biology in 10th grade & he was such a relatable instructor. He was so excited about science and teaching kids. He is a man I always had a great deal of respect for. I will always remember him for the way he should be remembered, an amazing husband, father, teacher, coach and builder extrodinaire.

We will miss your Mr. Horvat.

Memorial service will be 2 p.m. Sunday, May 31, 2009 at Red Wing High School Gymnasium with Reverend Wayne Walther officiating. Honorary pallbearers will be Team Horvat. Visitation will be 3-7 p.m. Saturday, May 30, 2009 at Mahn Family Funeral Home, Bodelson-Mahn Chapel and for one hour prior to the service at the high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP